You are here
The LGBTQA Commission is pleased to invite you to “California Dreamin'”, our Seventh Annual Reception on Friday, March 20 at 5PM. The evening will begin at the Barn at Boone’s Dam with a light refreshments followed by an awards presentation and silent auction. Tickets are $30.00 each and include creative appetizers, beer, and wine. Payment may be made by Cash, Check, or Credit/Debit card.
If you need to discuss accommodations for a sight, hearing, or physical disability or have any other questions or concerns, please contact the Bloomsburg University LGBTQA Resource Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please join us for an evening of celebration!
To RSVP, please complete the online form.
We would like to express our appreciation to this year's Host Committee. Their generous donation offsets the cost of the reception venue and refreshment purchases.
- Art Clark & Matthew Barcus
- William Crone & John Barcus
- Jean Downing & Pete Gatski
- Jason Godeke & Cristina Mathews
- Jeffery & Jaclyn Leitzel
- Jonathan & Kathleen Lincoln
- Michael Martin
- Brett McLaurin & Sue Ei
- Luke Schmick & Trevor Palmatier
- Brad Swenson
- Mark Usry
- Bob & Kathleen Wislock
- Craig Young
- Donald Young
If you would like to join the host committee, please make that selection within the online RSVP form.
- Dip bar including:
- Corn and black bean salsa
- Tomato Bruschetta
- Ratatouille tapenade
- Crab and Mango Bruschetta
- Olive tapenade
- served with Nacho chips, Pita wedges and Toast tips
- Vegetable display
- Mini California Turkey Burger
- 5 herb grill chicken skewers with green aioli dip
- Beef empanadas with pear mojo
- Chipolte shrimp skewers
- Poached Pear and Goat Cheese Tarts
A selection of California wines including:
- Montpellier Pinot Noir 2013 - This casual, light-bodied red wine has bright cherry fruit on the bouquet. Tangy berry flavors will delight your palate. Lively acidity gives the wine some zest and balances the fruit. Tannins are moderate, and a hint of herbal complexity enhances the finish.
- Estrella River Winery Merlot 2012 - Bright, ripe berries layered with mild hints of blackberries and blueberries playing off light cedar tones. Nice fruity mid-palate displaying red currant in this easy-drinking Merlot.
- Hacienda Chardonnay 2013 - A straw colored wine that profiles a wonderful variety of fruit aromas that include peach, apple, and vanilla to name a few. On the palate, the wine shows fresh fruit that is creamy and rich. The wine ends with a smooth, elegant finish.
- Montpellier Viognier 2012 - Delicate aromas of white peach and apple with a hint of almond blossom. It’s light-bodied on the palate and shows the creamy texture of Viognier with citrus accents and a pleasant crisp dryness on the finish.
- Friends Blend Sonoma 2012 - A proprietary blend of Merlot, Zinfandel, Syrah and Sangiovese aged in French and American oak barrels.
- Sea Glass Riesling - Pretty perfumed on the nose with hints of jasmine and honeycomb over talc-dusted Asian pear. Soft in the mouth with a nice wash of lemon early on, followed by noticeably sweet flavors of apple and pear.
The evening's entertainment will be provided by Chamuris and Brown.
Silent Auction Items
We're always accepting gifts for the Silent Auction! Money raised supports LGBTQA Commission sponsored events and the student award honorarium.
If you have an item you would like to donate, please contact Jean Downing in the SOLVE Office located in Northumberland Hall Lower Level, 570-389-4798.
Check out the Facebook Event for a taste of this year's auction items!
The LGBTQA Commission welcomes submissions for the annual awards recognizing individuals who have contributed to the LGBTQA community.
The Student Award is presented to an individual in recognition of outstanding contributions to the LGBTQA community during the past year by a student and includes an honorarium.
The Faculty/Staff Award is given in recognition of outstanding dedication and support of the LGBTQA community at Bloomsburg University. This individual's actions contributed to the creation or improvement of an inclusive, respectful, and safe climate on BU’s campus.
The Community Member Award is given in recognition of contributions made by a local community member who has worked to create a collaborative and inclusive presence in our local Bloomsburg community.
Nominations for the 2015 Awards are now open. To nominate an individual, please complete the online Nomination Form.
Past Award Recipients
|Year||Student Award||Faculty/Staff Award||Community Award|
Cheryl A. John
|Marjorie A. Menaul|
|2010||Ashley M. Ryman||Alicia King Redfern
|Caring Communities for AIDS|
|2011||Anndei Varun||Julie Vandivere||Gretchen Osterman|
|2012||Aud Traher||Mark Usry||Craig Young|
|2013||Megan Paul||Jean Downing
|2014||Naasik Fuller||Christina Francis||Sally Meyer|