College of Business Advisory Board - Criteria for Membership
Membership can consist of no more than 25 persons, who have been appointed by the Dean of the College of Business, upon the approval of the Business Advisory Board Nominating Committee and the existing board members.
Members are normally appointed to three-year terms. Membership may be renewed for additional three-year terms at the discretion of the Dean. The members of the Business Advisory Board serve the College of Business strictly on a volunteer basis, without remuneration and are selected solely on the basis of professional achievements and willingness to contribute time and sustained financial support.
- Position of owner, chairman, CEO, COO, CFO, president, vice president, director, plant manager, partner or retired from any of these positions preferred. Individuals holding other positions may be considered based on their potential contributions to the board.
- Willingness to provide sustained financial support and a history of giving to the College of Business.
- Ability and commitment to make a contribution of time and concern to the Business Advisory Board and the College of Business.
- Willingness to be involved in special projects and initiatives, such as dean searches and the accreditation process.
- A willingness to contribute three days a year to Business Advisory Board activities, including, but not limited to attending meetings of the board and serving as an Executive in Residence. Members are expected to attend two out of three consecutive advisory board meetings.