Husky PAWS (Peer Awareness with Students)
Husky PAWS, a division of the Drug, Alcohol, and Wellness Network, consists of student peer educators trained to provide programs promoting low risk, healthy alternate choices regarding the use of alcohol and other drugs.
Further, PAWS seeks to promote the concept of holistic health and a lifestyle conducive to wellness through education.
Educational programs are aimed to develop well adjusted, healthy human beings and should strive to make an acceptable change in the behavior of an individual.
This change may be in knowledge, understanding, attitudes, and values or in skills.
To accomplish this, PAWS education programs must seeks to do more than impart traditional factual information in the routine manner of instruction. Education must refrain from presenting facts, which are never used by the student.
Education needs to have the student be an active participant in a process that involves thinking and value judging rather than memorizing, in this way change may be possible.
- Molly Boylan— Graduate Assistant
- Michael Downs— Student Director
- Carson Merine— Co-Assistant Director
- Smiles Nwachukwu— Co-Assistant Director
- Dale Krout— Night Programs
- Amanda Whitehead— Greek Life Relations
- Shelby Hoffman— Publicity
- Emilee Wacendak— Publicity
- Kristin Witmer— Information Tables
- Allison Wacendak— Video Challenge Race
- Samantha Horn— Facebook
- Chelsee Robbins— Photography
- Benjamin Rivera— Multi-media relations