Is distance education right for me?
Distance education courses offer increased flexibility allowing you to balance family, work and school. However, there are a few things to keep in mind before registering for an online course.
Online courses are as rigorous as face-to-face courses and contain the same material. The courses are not self-paced; classes begin and end on the same schedule as regular campus classes and assignments/exams are due on specific days. Transcripts do not note a difference in the delivery mode of the course at BU.
A distance learner is someone who:
- Can work independently
- Has the time to commit to study
- Takes advantage of the resources and services available
- Has excellent time management skills
- Has strong reading and writing skills
- Has basic computer skills
Here is an interactive quiz to assess your readiness for a distance education course — Am I ready for distance learning?