You are here
Saleem Khan, Professor
Saleem Khan, Professor
Department of Economics
Sutliff Hall 225 | 570-389-4684 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Khan received his Ph.D. in Economics from Gutenberg University, Germany. Currently he is Professor of Economics and the Director of Russian Program in the Department of Economics at Bloomsburg University. He has taught several undergraduate and graduate courses at Islamabad University in Pakistan, University of Alaska, Chapman College in Los Angeles, California, and at Bloomsburg University.
He is active in instruction as well as in research. He serves on several editorial boards of national and international economics journals and is author of several scholarly articles, economic and education reports. He has also served as economic advisor to the Government of Pakistan, consultant on economic education to Tashkent University of Economics, consultant on economic education to the World Bank, and senior research economist to Canadian Government, Ottawa, Canada. He has wide ranging government and business experience, and has been awarded honorary doctorate by Finance University, and also honorary professorship by Tashkent university of Economics.
Growth and Development, Globalization, Political Economy
1. “Rethinking Development for Pakistan: Search for a New Road Map,” Sahar, Khawaja Fareed Government Post Graduate College, Rahim Yar Khan, 2014.
2. “21st Century Global Economic Crisis: Relevance to the New Deal,” The World of New Economy, No 2, 2013.
3. “Global Market Economy and the Multinational: An Education Perspective,” Global Business in the Changing World, Chapter 12, Excel Books, New Delhi, India, 2012.
4. “Asian Economic Integration: A Perspective on South Asia,” Journal of Asian Economics, Volume 12, No. 4, Winter 2002 (co-author Zahira Khan).
5. APEC and SAARC: Economic Cooperation,” ISPI Journal, Islamabad Policy Research Institute, 2002.
6. “Resource Management and Economic Development in South Asia,” Research in Asian Economic Studies, JAI Press, 2002, (co-authored Zahira Khan).
7. “South Asia: A New Regionalism,” Research in Asian Economic Studies, Volume 9-B, JAI press, 2001.
8. October 2001, “Development Approaches for 21st Century: India and Pakistan,” GASI Proceedings.
9. “Distant Education in Russia: Implementation Issues,” Finance Academy Herald, Summer 2001 issue (co-authored with Dr. Zahira Khan).
10. “APEC: A Perspective beyond 21st century,” Readings on APEC, Center for Strategic and International Studies, Jakarta, Indonesia, August 2001.
11. “Political Economy: Pakistan,” IPSI Journal, Volume 1, Islamabad Policy Research Institute, 2001.
12. “Governance and Economic Development India and Pakistan,” GASI Proceedings, 2000 (co-authored R. Mohindru).
13. “Defense Expenditure: Economic Growth and Social Welfare,” GASI Proceedings, 1999 (co-authored R. Mohindru).
14. “Ardent Supporter of Human Development,” Journal of Asian Economics, Volume 10, No. 1, Spring 1999.
15. “South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation,” Journal of Asian Economics, Volume 10, 1999.