PASSHE Expenditures of Public Funds (Spending Guidelines)
All monies received by a PASSHE university or the Office of the Chancellor are public funds, including, but not limited to state appropriations; tuition, room, board and other student fees; restricted and unrestricted gifts; restricted and unrestricted grants; ticket sales from athletic, cultural, and other events; revenue from athletic camps and conferences; corporate sponsorships; and investment income. The spending of public funds must clearly and directly benefit the University in support of its mission. Expenditures of public funds may not inure to the private benefit of one or more individuals unless such expenditure is authorized by law. All expenditures of public funds must be prudent and economical.
PASSHE has released Expenditures of Public Funds Guidelines, Standards, and Limits which applies to all PASSHE universities, all branch campuses, and the Office of the Chancellor. The effective date of this guidance is September 1, 2010.
- PASSHE BOG Policy 2010-01-A: Expenditures of Public Funds
- PASSHE Expenditures of Public Funds, Guidelines, Standards, and Limits
- Bloomsburg University Policies/Procedures and Supplementary Information
- Food Purchase Approval Form
- Gift, Award, and Promotional Purchases Approval Form
- Spending Guidelines FAQs
- Spending Guidelines Presentation - Added 6/3/2011
For questions concerning the guidelines, Bloomsburg University policies/procedures and supplementary information, or use of forms, please contact the Procurement Department at x4313 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.