You are here
• Now is the time to look at insurance is you are not covered by your parents or another plan.
• Resources are available and encourage you to be prepared… GET COVERED The Health Insurance Marketplace Open Enrollment period is November 1, 2016 to January 31, 2017… for questions or my information go to….
• Call 1-800-318-2596 for confidential assistance 24/7, in English or Spanish.
• Visit HealthCare.gov https://www.cdc.gov/features/marketplace/index.html
• Free in-person help is also available in your community or contact BU’s Kristi Hammaker, Health and Wellness Educator at ext 4934
• December 15 is the deadline if you want to be covered at the start of the new year. January 31, 2017 for coverage next year.
Medical insurance is required for students
Students and/or their parents should contact their insurance carrier to determine how college entrance may affect the terms and conditions of coverage.
International students are required to purchase their insurance from Consolidated Health Plans.
CHP insurance covers pre-existing conditions and includes medical evacuation and repatriation.
For students who do not have health insurance, or are no longer covered by their parents healthcare plan, consider one of the following options: