If you have been sexually assaulted, seek emergency medical care as soon as possible.
Do not change clothing, wash or shower.
This is extremely important so forensic evidence can be collected ONLY if you are going to press charges.
Where to seek help:
- Call the Women's Center Hotline at (570) 784-6631. An advocate will meet you to advise and support you.
- Go to a hospital emergency room of your choice
- Call University Safety and Police at (570) 389-4168
- Call Bloomsburg Town Police at (570) 784-4155
If you are confused as to what you should do and need advice during operating hours:
- Call The Student Health Center nurses at (570) 389-4451.
- Call The Center for Counseling and Human Development at (570) 389-4255
Pennsylvania's Crime Victim's Act
- The Pennsylvania's Crime Victim's Act will assist victims of all crimes, including sexual assault.
- If you've been assaulted and don't have health insurance, or you don't want medical costs [from the hospital emergency room] billed to your insurance, you have the right to request that all medical costs be charged to the Crime Victim's Compensation Fund.
- For more information visit www.pacrimevictims.com.
- You may call the Victim's Compensation Assistance Program at (800) 233-2339 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.