Sexual Assault

Sexual Assault

Sexual Assault Awareness If you have been sexually assaulted, seek emergency medical care as soon as possible.

Do not change clothing, wash or shower.

This is extremely important so forensic evidence can be collected ONLY if you are going to press charges.

Where to seek help:

  • Call the BU Student Affairs Victim Advocate for support at 570-336-4994
  • Call the Women's Center Hotline at 570-784-6631. An advocate will meet you to advise and support you.
  • Go to a hospital emergency room of your choice
  • Call University Safety and Police at 570-389-4168
  • Call Bloomsburg Town Police at 570-784-4155

If you are confused as to what you should do and need advice during operating hours:

Pennsylvania's Crime Victim's Act

  • The Pennsylvania's Crime Victim's Act will assist victims of all crimes, including sexual assault.
  • If you've been assaulted and don't have health insurance, or you don't want medical costs [from the hospital emergency room] billed to your insurance, you have the right to request that all medical costs be charged to the Crime Victim's Compensation Fund.
  • For more information visit
  • You may call the Victim's Compensation Assistance Program at 1-800-233-2339 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.