You are here
Office of Institutional Research
Office of Institutional Research
Welcome to the Office of Institutional Research web page at Bloomsburg University.
The functions of the Office of Institutional Research are as follows:
• Serves as the official reporting entity for Bloomsburg University.
• Supports strategic enrollment management, budget, planning, management, and accreditation activities to inform policy and decision making at every level of the University.
• Ensures consistency, uniformity and integrity in data reporting using standard definitions to external and internal constituencies.
• Maintains historical data for trend analysis.
• Serves as the official data liaison between Bloomsburg University and the State System of Higher Education’s Office of Educational Intelligence.
• Ensures mandated reporting requirements are satisfied as specified in the State System of Higher Education’s Annual Data Collection Plan.
• Serves as the data liaison regarding the State System of Higher Education’s Performance Funding Program.
• Serves as the primary contact for Bloomsburg University for the Strategic Information Management System (SIMS) project.
• Serves as the liaison between Bloomsburg University and the Pennsylvania Joint State Government Commission in ensuring mandatory completion of the annual “Instructional Output and Faculty Salary Costs of the State-related and State-owned Universities” (Snyder Report).
• Responsible for data reporting to the U.S. Department of Education National Center for Education Statistics IPEDS reporting.
• Responsible for all annual college guidebook and ranking surveys (e.g. ACT, Barrons, College Board, Common Data Set, CGS/GRE, Higher Ed Directory, Modern Language Association, Open Doors, Petersons, Princeton Review, US News, and Wintergreen/Orchard House, etc.) to ensure a consistent media presentation for Bloomsburg University.
• Responsible for NCAA graduation rates submission.
• Prepares reports (annual, term and/or weekly) on student enrollment, student demographics, faculty/staff demographics, completions, retention/graduation rates, program enrollments, course enrollments, etc.
• Communicates key enrollment and retention/graduation information about Bloomsburg University to internal constituencies surrounding key strategic enrollment management initiatives.
• Assists university academic departments in the completion of annual compliance surveys for external accreditors (AACSB, CCNE, CSWE, Middle States, NASAD, NASM, and NAST) and official data generation for the academic program review process.
• Partners with Admissions, Registrar, Student Financial Aid, Human Resources, Finance & Administration, Social Equity and others in collecting, reporting, analyzing, and interpreting Bloomsburg University data.
• Participates in a variety of state, national, and regional studies (e.g. AAUP faculty salary study, CUPA administrative salary study, Consortium on Student Retention Data Exchange, National Postsecondary Student Aid Study, Open Doors).
• Gathers information/data and prepares presentations in response to specific ad hoc requests through access to student, employee and financial data systems and national databases.
• Responsible for the dissemination, coordination, maintenance and secure storage of the university-wide student evaluations of courses and faculty conducted at the end of each academic term.
• Responsible for the administration of the University Records Center, a repository of vital, non-archival University records.
Institutional Research Reports
Reports are updated throughout the year as data becomes available. Current and past data on a variety of topics can be found in the Common Data Sets located to the right on the page. If you are looking for more current data or cannot locate data to meet your needs, please contact us using the contact information to the right.