Navy Hall in 1953.
Navy Hall was built in 1938-39 and originally known as the Junior High School. This was its intended function, but the building only served as one for two short summer sessions. During WW II it became the official headquarters for several naval training programs, which used it for offices, classroom space and storage. The building was given the informal name of Navy Hall, which it has been known by ever since. At the close of the war enrollment went up at the college and the Business Education department moved into the building, staying until 1960 when it moved to Sutliff Hall and special education came in. Navy Hall today houses offices for the Department of Exceptionality Programs, as well as classrooms and the Reading Center. It also underwent a complete, $4 million renovation which was completed in the spring of 2006.
Return to Map