The Department of Management and Marketing provides undergraduate and graduate students majoring and minoring in business with management education that enhances their career potential. With emphasis in teaching, advising, continuous improvement in the curriculum and applied research activity, we prepare our graduates with the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in the public and private sectors.
- To provide students with a balanced academic background that includes liberal arts education in the areas of oral and written communication, quantitative and analytical reasoning, values and ethics, fitness and recreation, humanities, social and behavior sciences, and natural sciences.
- To provide students with core competencies and integrated knowledge in the functional areas of business: financial/accounting, marketing, human resources, informational technology, legal environment and manufacturing/operation.
- To develop students' specialized skills and knowledge of the functions, theories, principles, concepts and issues germane to the practice of management through grounding in the following major subdisciplines: organizational behavior, production and operations, managerial communication, human resource management, ethics and social responsibility, international management and strategy.
- To enhance students' decision-making and leadership skills by developing their abilities to think critcally and creatively.
- To prepare students to respond to the challenges of an increasingly complex business environment that is globally and domestically diverse, highly competitive and stakeholder sensitive, with competence and integrity.
- To provide students with career guidance through superior advisement for timely graduation with a highly marketable degree in management.
- To provide students with a broad range of professional, leadership and entrepreneurial experiences that can afford them the opportunity to apply management principles, theories and techniques.