You are here
Meal Plan and Flex Dollars
Meal Plan and Flex Dollars
Rates for 2013-2014
|Students living in lower-campus residence halls must choose from 19, 14, 10, 275 or 175 block plans. All other students may choose any or none of all the various plans. Detailed info about meal plan fees|
|19 meals/week, $200 flex||$1,481 per semester|
|19 meals/week, $250 flex||$1,531 per semester|
|14 meals/week, $200 flex||$1,337 per semester|
|14 meals/week, $250 flex||$1,387 per semester|
|10 meals/week $200 flex||$1,250 per semester|
|10 meals/week $250 flex||$1,300 per semester|
|5 meals/week $200 flex||$1,038 per semester|
|5 meals/week $250 flex||$1,088 per semester|
|275 meals/semester, $200 flex||$1,801 per semester|
|275 meals/semester, $250 flex||$1,851 per semester|
|175 meals/semester, $200 flex||$1,287 per semester|
|175 meals/semester, $250 flex||$1,337 per semester|
|75 meals/semester, $200 flex||$902 per semester|
|75 meals/semester, $250 flex||$952 per semester|
Meal Plan Information
Fall meal plans have rolled over to Spring 2014. If your billing statement indicates a meal plan option that you wish to change or delete for Spring 2014, go to MyHousing now through Sunday, January 26, 2014.
After January 26, 2014, if you want to INCREASE OR ADD a meal plan, a link to an online form to submit will be available on this page.
Flex dollars - broadening options
Flex dollars are part of the meal plan during the Fall and Spring semesters and may be purchased separately by students living off-campus or in the upper campus apartments. Flex Plan details.
All fees are subject to change without notice.
- Flex dollars (flex points) can be added during the Fall and Spring semesters on MyHousing.
- Flex added after week 3 of any semester must be paid within 10 days. If not paid a hold could be placed on the student account.
- Flex dollars added on MyHousing will create an amount due on your student account in ISIS within a week.
- Flex dollars added on MyHousing will be available to use in the dining halls within 8 hours.
- Students can view flex balances at the BU Card Center's Online Card Center
- Dollars can be used at any food facility.
- Each time a student uses flex dollars, the expenditure is subtracted from the balance of the student's flex account.
- Students can add to their flex account with a minimum amount of $25.
- Flex balances carry over from fall to spring semester only. Any balance left at the end of the spring semester is not refundable and cannot be transferred.
- Flex dollars are non-refundable except when a student withdraws from the university during the semester. A $10 fee will be charged for students who withdraw from the university and the flex program.