BU to hold weekend of events for alumni and children
For immediate release: March 26, 2009
BLOOMSBURG — Games, prizes and outdoor fun are planned for Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania's Siblings' and Children's Weekend from Friday to Sunday, April 3 to 5. The festivities are being held in conjunction with Alumni Weekend, and parents, relatives and siblings of students are invited to attend, as well as alumni and their families.
The highlight of Siblings' and Children's Weekend events will be Swingin' Safari, a carnival on the Academic Quad, Saturday, April 4, from 1 to 4 p.m. BU student organizations will set up game booths, and grilled hot dogs and hamburgers will be served compliments of the Alumni Association. The rain location is Kehr Union.
Alumni Weekend events include:
- Free campus bus tours departing from the Alumni House, guided by Husky Ambassadors, Saturday, April 4, 10:30 a.m. and 11 a.m.
- Athletic events, Saturday, April 4, on the upper campus: BU men's and women's tennis vs. West Chester University; 11:30 a.m.; BU women's lacrosse vs. Millersville University, 1 p.m.; and BU baseball vs. Mansfield University, 1 p.m.
- Quest open house, upper campus climbing wall, Saturday, April 4, 1 to 4 p.m. No charge, but reservations are recommended.
- A Salute to Henry Carver, Carver Hall, Kenneth S. Gross Auditorium, Saturday, April 4, 3:30 p.m. University archivist Robert Dunkelberger will present a free slide show about BU's first president, Henry Carver.
- BU Dance Marathon, Student Recreation Center, Sunday, April 5, noon to 2 p.m. Entry fees are $25 for ages 5 to 15 and $50 for age 16 and older. Proceeds benefit the Caring Community for AIDS.
Campus dining areas will be open for students and campus visitors throughout the weekend. Prior arrangements must be made for children who wish to stay in a residence hall.
A complete schedule for Alumni Weekend and Siblings' and Children's Weekend is available at www.bloomualumni.com. For more information on Siblings' and Children's Weekend, contact the Program Board at (570) 389-4402; for more information on Alumni Weekend, contact Alumni Affairs at (570) 389-4058 or 1-800-526-0254.
Bloomsburg University is one of 14 universities in the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education. The university serves approximately 8,000 students, offering comprehensive programs of study in the colleges of Professional Studies, Business, Liberal Arts and Science and Technology.