BU hosts a salute to the Eagles
For immediate release: Oct. 12, 2010
BLOOMSBURG — Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania will return to the 1970s and ’80s when Hotel California: A Salute to the Eagles performs Saturday, Oct. 23, at 8:30 p.m. in Haas Center for the Arts, Mitrani Hall. The concert is part of the 25th anniversary season of BU’s Celebrity Artist Series and the highlight performance of the university’s homecoming weekend. General admission is $30.
The band Hotel California was formed to fill the void the Eagles left behind when they broke up in 1982. Mixing their talent with inspiration from Don Henley and the rest of the original Eagles, these five musicians reproduce the music of the legendary band. Hotel California performs up to 200 shows each year playing classics such as “Heartache Tonight,” “Take it Easy,” “Desperado,” and “Hotel California,” along with some solo works of original Eagles Don Henley, Glenn Frey and Joe Walsh.
The remaining shows in this season’s Celebrity Artist Series are:
- Chris Brubeck’s Triple Play, Saturday, Nov. 6, 7 p.m., Carver Hall, Kenneth S. Gross Auditorium. Tickets: $25
- Natalie MacMaster; Friday, Dec. 3, 8 p.m., Mitrani Hall. Tickets: $30
- Walnut Street Theatre: “The Glass Menagerie,” Thursday, Feb. 10, 2011, 7 p.m., and Friday Feb. 11, 8 p.m., K.S. Gross Auditorium. Tickets: $25
- DRUMLine Live, Saturday, Feb. 18, 2011, 8 p.m., Mitrani Hall. Tickets: $30
- Hot 8 Brass Band, Friday, March 4, 2011, 7 p.m., Mitrani Hall. Tickets: $25
- Rioult Dance, Saturday, March 26, 2011, 8 p.m., Mitrani Hall. Tickets: $30
- “Spring Awakening,” Friday, April 8, 2011, 8 p.m., Mitrani Hall. Tickets: $30
- Stefon Harris, Friday, April 28, 2011, 7:30, Mitrani Hall. Tickets: $30
For details on Hotel California: A Salute to the Eagles or to order tickets, call the Haas Box office at (570) 389-4409 or visit the Celebrity Artist Series.
Bloomsburg University is one of 14 universities in the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education. The university serves approximately 9,000 students, offering comprehensive programs of study in the colleges of Education, Business, Liberal Arts and Science and Technology.