Science and technology research takes center stage
Charles Brightbill, who earlier this fall won the Graduate Student Research Award at the Mid-Atlantic Regional Chapter of the American College of Sports Medicine annual meeting, will be among 39 students from the College of Science and Technology showcasing and presenting research on Friday, Dec. 7, in Hartline Science Center.
Brightbill, pursuing his master’s in exercise physiology, researched the comparison of physiological and metabolic data between Nintendo Wii free running vs. treadmill running.
Talk Sessions - Hartline G38
- Matthew J. McMahon, Relationship of Mechanomyographic Amplitude to Torque Using a New Accelerometer Based Device, 3 p.m.
- Joanna Ross, The Effects of Occlusion Training on Muscle Strength, 3:15 p.m.
- Allanna M.Olive-Smith and Berit A. Hohannessen, Quad/Graphics Factory Training, 3:30 p.m.
- Scott Blackburn, Development of silicone copolymers for use in flexible electronic displays, 3:45 p.m.
- Hannah L. Cronk, Rh(I) complexes of a non-innocent pincer ligand bearing thioether and N-heterocyclic carbene donors, 4 p.m.
- Conor Flynn, Using TGA as a cost effective evaluation of flame retardants in PVC, 4:15 p.m.
- Graham Goulding, Synthesis of conjugated organoborane polymers for use in organic solar cells, 4:30 p.m.
- Reid Lennon, Progress Toward Laser Cooling and Trapping of Rubidium-87, 4:45 p.m.
- Charles Brightbill, Nintendo Wii Free Run vs. Treadmill Running: A Comparison of Physiological and Metabolic Data, 5 p.m.
Talk Sessions - Hartline G42
- Julie M. Kuznicki, B.S., Fitness Assessment of College-Age Students Enrolled in General Education Fitness Class, 3 p.m.
- Christopher Houser, Cobalt Catalyzed Production of Aromatics Using C6F5CpCo(CO)2, 3:15 p.m.
- Matthew Miele, Determination of Solid-Liquid Phase Diagrams of Organic Binary Mixtures Using Differential Scanning Calorimetry, 3:30 p.m.
- Gene Tunney, Analysis of Gunshot Residue Using a Handheld X-ray Fluorescence (XRF) Spectrometer, 3:45 p.m.
- Ariana Winder, Factors Affecting Percutanious Cholecystostomy Success in a High Risk Population with Acute Cholecystitis, 4 p.m.
- Steven Hinkle, A Day in the Life of a Solar Panel, 4:15 p.m.
- Samantha M. Oakes, A bioinformatics study of microsatellite loci in the Mya arenaria genome, 4:30 p.m.
Talk Sessions - Hartline G42
- Amanda M. Pritzlaff, Defining the receptor and ligand dependent functions of PPARy on cell proliferation and metastasis in human malignant melanoma, 3 p.m.
- Jacob Powell, Conductivities of Aqueous Solutions of Lanthanum Chloride from 25 to 75 ◦C, 3:15 p.m.
- Owen O’Sullivan, Preparation of silica filled elastomers for flexible electronic displays, 3:30 p.m.
- Franklin Rodemeer, Influence of the Oneida #3 Acid Mine Drainage and Passive Limestone Treatment System on Little Tomhicken Creek in Luzerne County, PA, 3:45 p.m.
- Andrea Brown, An Analysis of The Pine Forest Anoxic Limestone Drainage System and Its Effectiveness, 4 p.m.
- Jordan M. Klinger, Evaluation of Cane Toad Microsatellite Primers for Cross-species Amplification of Microsatellite Loci in Fowler’s Toad, 4:15 p.m.
- Laurel Downs, The Effect of Island Dwarfism on Sexual Dimorphism and Female Reproduction in Island versus Mainland Populations of Anaxyrus fowleri, a Species that Exhibits Island Dwarfism, 4:30 p.m.
- Corey D. Bower, Comparative Approach to the Evolution of Body Size in Island and Mainland Environments, 4:45 p.m.
- Gabriel Barrile, A Common Garden Experiment Comparing the Larval Growth and Development of Anaxyrus fowleri from island and mainland populations, 5 p.m.
- Jonathan Moore, Distribution of Anurans in Freshwater Habitats on a Assateague Island, 5:15 p.m.
Poster Presentations - Hartline Lobby, 2:30 to 2:55 p.m.
- Keaton C. Bennett, Bilateral Isokinetic Torque Differences in Trained Swimmers
- Robert J. Weymers, Mechanomyographic Frequency Responses of a New Accelerometer Based Device
- Michael Green, B.S., Validation of Bioreactance Non-Invasive Cardiac Output Monitoring in a Male College-Aged Population
- Steven Hinkle, A Day in the Life of a Solar Panel
- Ariana Winder, Factors affecting Percutaneous Cholecystostomy Success in a High Risk Population with Acute Cholecystitis
- Franklin Rodemer, Influence of the Oneida #3 Acid Mine Drainage and Passive Limestone Treatment System on Little Tomhicken Creek in Luzerne County
- Scott Blackburn, Synthesis of a Series of Silicone Copolymers
- Steven W. Grib, Analysis of Kepler Space Telescope Data for the Blinking Eye Nebula NGC 6826
- Brianna Fox, Music Therapy: Holistic Intervention for Adolescent Cancer Patients-An Ongoing Honors Study
- Steven Baade, Polyphosphate Storage in Stream Periphyton
- Brendan Clark, A Non-intrusive acoustic analysis of Bufo fowlerii: Dwarfism affects resonant, not dominant frequency
- Alex Clinefelter, Delineating the Lightstreet Fault: The use of fracture concentrations and orientations to locate a largely obscured local fault