Student Employment Appreciation Week kicks off
All student workers and supervisors are invited for a free grilled hot dog on the patio Wednesday, April 11, in front of the Student Services Center at 11:30 a.m.
Then teams of student employees and supervisors will participate Thursday, April 12, in the Sixth Annual Team Challenge from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Student Rec Center. A spirit of competition is all you need for fun and creative office related activities. One lucky team will win a free luncheon worth up to $100, courtesy of Richard Rugen, vice president for administration and finance.
To cap the week, nominees for Student Employee of the Year and their sponsors will enjoy a luncheon Friday, April 13, at noon in the KUB Hideaway.
Bloomsburg’s 2011-12 Student Employee of the Year is Matthew McCarthy, a senior secondary education and history major, as well as a senior receptionist for Residence Life and the ID Card Center. McCarthy receives a $500 scholarship funded by the Bloomsburg University Foundation. Second place finisher is Shanna Scott, a junior early childhood education major and mentor in the Helping Professions Living and Learning Community. Scott receives a $200 gift certificate from the University Book Store.
A complete list of nominees
- Luke Betley, nominated by Jen Raup and Donald Young from Student Standards
- Leslie Cope, nominated by Tia Dreckman from TRiO Upward Bound
- Cory Davenport, nominated by Cheryl Stahler from Technology Support Services
- Jessica Frey, nominated by Charles Starkey from Early Childhood and Adolescent Education
- Rachel Knight, nominated by Joy McGinnis from Berwick Area United Way
- Vanessa Martin, nominated by GayAnne Spezialetti from Audiology and Speech Pathology
- Matthew McCarthy, nominated by Amy Cunningham, Tom Kresch, Michelle Stout form Residence Life/ID Card Center
- Carrie Mensch, nominated by Michelle Ficca, Mary-Lee Helbing, Mary Amick from Nursing
- Grace Nugent, nominated by Ethan Krupp from Music, Theatre and Dance
- Michael Otto, nominated by Cheryl Stahler from Technology Support Services
- Konstantinos Patsiopoulos, nominated by Debbie Stolz from Diversity and Retention
- Rubin Rhodes, nominated by Debbie Stolz from Diversity and Retention
- Shetia Richardson, nominated by Valerie Moyer from Student Activities
- Shanna Scott, nominated by Sharon Solloway from Helping Professions Living and Learning Community
- Brittiny Seedor, nominated by John Thomas from United Way of Columbia County
- Kristen Sharpless, nominated by Chong Min Lee from ASL/English Interpreting Program
- John Shilpetski, nominated by Lawrence Fritz from Graduate Office
- Kathryn Young, nominated by Stephen Kokoska and Ashley Bilinski from Honors Program