You are here
Nursing Calendar Fall 2016
Nursing Calendar Fall 2016
Faust Lectureship Speaker:
Timothy J. Sowicz, PhD, MSN, RN
Timothy J. Sowicz is a registered nurse and nurse practitioner. He recently obtained his PhD from the University of Pennsylvania. His dissertation research explored the sexual history taking practices of primary care providers in a federally qualified health center serving a large number homeless individuals, many of whom were being treated for opioid dependence. Tim’s research interests are varied and include: sexual health, particularly preventing HIV infections using biomedical interventions (e.g., pre-exposure prophylaxis); homelessness; LGBTQ health; health disparities; and naturalistic research methods. Tim is a reviewer for several journals including Qualitative Health Research.
Tim has worked as a staff nurse in Boston, the District of Columbia, and Philadelphia; and as a nurse practitioner in Wilmington, DE. He graduated from Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania in 2001 (BSN) and from the University of Pennsylvania in 2009 (MSN).
Please check your class BOLT site for a list of dates, times and locations for orientation of Junior and Senior Nursing classes for Fall 2016!
- August 29 — Welcome back! This is the first day of classes for the Fall 2016 semester. Opening Day Convocation will be held at 3PM in the Ballroom at Kehr Union Building..
- August 30 — Adult Health I Skills Fest for Danville Campus Students. 8:30AM - 12:30PM. Please note that this skills fest will be held at Danville campus on this day. Please check the SLL's BOLT site for more information when the semester begins.
- August 31 — Adult Health I Skills Fest for Bloomsburg Campus Students. 8:30AM - 12:30PM. Please check the SLL's BOLT site for more information when the semester begins.
- September 1 — Adult Health II Skills Fest. 12:30M-4:30PM. Please check the SLL's BOLT site for more information when the semester begins.
- September 5 — Labor Day. There are no classes. The Simulated Learning Lab will also be closed September 3rd to September 5th.
- September 17 — Alzheimer's Memory Walk. Please join Theta Zeta, BU's chapter of Sigma Theta Tau (The International Nursing Honor Society) and help fight the nation's 6th leading causing of death! The walk is held at Bloomsburg Town Park. For more information or to donate go to the Alzheimer's Association website at www.alz.org/walk.
- September 18 — White Coat Ceremony. In 2014, the Department of Nursing was one of 100 schools nationwide selected to offer the first annual White Coat Ceremony. This year we continue the tradition with a ceremony that recognizes sophomore level nursing students as they enter their first clinical course and make a commitment to quality patient care. The keynote speaker is Lissa Bryan-Smith, CEO at Geisinger-Bloomsburg Hospital.
- September 23-October1— Bloomsburg Fair. This is the largest agricultural fair in PA. and one of the largest on the East Coast. Go to www.bloomsburgfair.com for more details!