PRP 8760 - Manager and Administrator Emeritus Status
To be eligible for emeritus status at Bloomsburg University, a manager or university administrator shall:
1) Have retired as an employee of Bloomsburg University.
2) Have served with distinction for a minimum of fifteen (15) years at Bloomsburg University.
3) Be nominated to the president by majority vote of the managers and adminstrators in the appropriate vice presidential areas.
4) In the case of a president, the Council of Trustees, at its discretion, may determine the eligibility for emeritus status and confer this designation upon the president.
1) Be issued a university ID card
2) Be granted a permanent community activities card with the privileges pertaining thereto after 20 years of service.
3) Have name listed in the university catalog and other appropriate directories.
4) Be issued a free parking permit, if requested.
5) Receive campus publications.
6) Be granted dining room privileges in the Pennsylvania Room.
7) Be granted the privilege to attend shared governance meetings and be granted the right to speak.
Procedure for Conferring Emeritus Status
1. After a manager or administrator has declared his/her intent to retire from the university or resign their managment/administrator post, and this has been accepted by the president of the university, it is the responsibility of the appropriate vice president or dean, or in the case of an executive manager (vice president or dean), the president, to consider emeritus status for that individual.
2A. As soon as possible after acceptance of the retirement or resignation of the executive manager, the most senior of the remaining executive managers, in terms of service to the uiniversity, shall conduct the nomination of the executive manager to emertus status. If a majority of the executive managers concur, the nomination shall be forwarded, with comments if desired, to the president of the university.
B. As soon as possible after acceptance of the retirement or resignation of a university manager or administrator, the appropriate executive manager of the eligible employee shall conduct the nomination of the manager or administrator to emeritus status. If a majority of the executive managers concur, the nomination shall be forwarded, with comments if desired, to the president of the university.
3. The president of the university may then recommend emeritus status for an executive manager, manager or administrator and present his/her recommendation at a regular meeting of the Council of Trustees for its action.
Copies of the conferring letter shall be sent to the library, the Community Activities Office, and the Vice Presidents for University Advancement and Administration to provide notification that privileges are to be conferred.