You are here
The first step to joining Program Board is to attend our general meetings held once a month in the Kehr Union Multipurpose Room. The rest of your involvement is honestly up to you. You may sign up to be a member of a certain committee or multiple committees, which include:
- Bingo and Games ... is responsible for planning, promoting, implementing and evaluating Bingo nights and game tournaments (billiards, Wii, etc.) during the year.
- Hospitality ... is responsible for providing refreshments at meetings, coordinating the annual banquet and planning social events for board members.
- Public Relations ... helps promote the Program Board to make it more visible and well known across the campus. It serves as liaison to the academic community in promoting events. It also runs the Program Board Facebook and Twitter accounts, as well as handles posters and banners for individual events.
- Special Events ... is responsible for planning promoting, implementing, and evaluating comedy, magic and hypnosis shows, novelty programs, or any other special program to be held on campus.
- Sound Stage ... is responsible for planning promoting, implementing and evaluating the live musical performances such as Open Mic Night, Karaoke and Musical Acts for Midnight Pizza..
- Travel ... is responsible for planning promoting, implementing, and evaluating the day and overnight trips to major cities or other sites of interest during the year.
- Dance ... is responsible for planning, promoting, implementing, and evaluating dances held once a month in the Kehr Union, as well as the Semiformal Dance in the spring.
- Films ... is responsible for planning promoting, implementing and evaluating the films shown on campus during the year.
Committees not for you?
No problem. You can still help out by working at Midnight Pizza, Bingo and other Program Board sponsored events. Another way to be involved is by spreading the word about our sponsored events on campus.