You are here
Purchasing authority is granted by the chancellor of the State System of Higher Education to the University President who delegates this authority to the contracting officers in Procurement Services. All purchases are reviewed and approved by the President and the Council of Trustees.
Procurement Services is responsible for the procurement of materials and services for Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania. Staff is responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable Federal, Commonwealth, State System of Higher Education, and university policies, laws, and regulations including Americans with Disabilities Act, Agency and Contract Law, the Uniform Commercial Code, United Nations Convention for the International Sale of Goods, the International Chamber of Commerce Trade Terms, and the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act.
The following Commonwealth of Pennsylvania acts and the State System of Higher Education Board of Governors policies establish procurement policy:
- Act 188 of 1982 State System of Higher Education
- Act 57 of 1998 Commonwealth Procurement Code
- Act 146 of 1986 Reciprocal Limitations
- Act 101 of 1988 Municipal Waste Planning, Recycling, and Waste Reduction
- Act 170 of 1978 Public Officials Ethics
- Act 451 of 1957 State Adverse Interest Law
SSHE Board of Governors Policies
- Policy No. 1983-02 Purchasing
- Policy No. 1983-02A Purchasing (Amended)
- Policy 1998-04 Procurement of Goods, Services, Supplies, and Construction