You are here
Office of the Registrar
Office of the Registrar
BU's Office of the Registrar is the central office for student scheduling and registration, as well as commencement, college transcripts, scheduling, undergraduate degree clearance, enrollment verifications, military credits, transfer credits, changing of a major, or declaring a minor.
New for Spring 2016 Scheduling: Wait Listing
Bloomsburg University will be utilizing electronic wait listing (for closed courses) during the scheduling period in October/November for the spring 2016 semester.
This electronic method of attempting to get into closed classes will replace paper waitlists that departments used in the past.
- However, not all departments or all courses at Bloomsburg University will utilize the wait listing option.
- The waitlist function will be available at the beginning of the senior scheduling period. It will not be an option during priority scheduling. It does not become an option until the class is full. Students may place themselves on the waitlist for courses until the end of the add/drop period.
- A student will receive an email notification once they have been added to the class.
- An email notification will also be sent if a student has a conflict with a currently scheduled class that prevents a student from being enrolled in a wait listed class. The student must choose to resolve the conflict or remove themselves from the wait list.
Late Withdrawal Information
The option to withdraw from a course in MyHusky for the Fall 2015 term has now passed.
According to PRP 3462 Undergraduate Course Withdrawal Policy:
No withdrawals will be permitted after the end of the tenth week of the semester.
Prior to the last week of classes, in exceptional circumstances, for compelling, justified and documented reasons, the Dean of the College in which the course is being taught may waive these restrictions. Poor academic performance will not constitute grounds for late withdrawal. Please see the Office of the Registrar regarding this policy.
If you wish to withdraw from the university completely you have until Friday, December 4 to go to the Office of the Registrar and fill out the University/Term Withdrawal form.
Final Grading Information for Fall 2015
Final grades for the Fall term will be available for students in MyHusky on or before December 18. For assistance on how to view your grades please click on the link below. Students are reminded that “I” and “X” grades from the Spring and Summer 2015 semester that have not been cleared will be turned to “F” grades. Please contact the instructor of the course to have a grade submitted via a grade change form. No grade reports are sent to students via hard copy. Official transcripts can be requested in MyHusky Student Center, from the other academic drop down menu choose – TRANSCRIPT: REQUEST OFFICIAL.
Dismissal, Academic Probation Instructions and Procedures
Once final grades are posted, those students who fail to meet the good academic standing criteria are subject to probation or dismissal from the institution. The relevant academic policies and information may be found at the following links:
Students are required to view their grades via MyHusky. Failure to review grades in MyHusky is not considered to be a reason for appeal of dismissal from the institution. Failure to have a current and accurate address on file in the Office of the Registrar is also not considered to be reason for an appeal of dismissal from the institution.
Students who are dismissed from the institution are sent a certified letter and an email of dismissal from the Office of the Registrar. These letters will be mailed to students the week of December 21, 2015. Students have the right to appeal. Appeals are due in the Office of the Registrar no later than January 5, 2016. Letters of appeals should be emailed as well as a hard copy sent to the Office of the Registrar.
Students who have an “I” or “X” grade are evaluated for academic standing and are still eligible for probation or dismissal based upon the remaining grades posted to their record.
New Transfer Course Equivalency Tool
The course equivalency tool is designed to allow students and advisors to look up a course at another institution and immediately see the Bloomsburg Equivalency. Prior to coming to the Office of the Registrar to complete a Prior Approval form, use this tool to determine what the Bloomsburg Equivalency will be.
Always meet with your academic advisor for specific information concerning transfer courses and their application to your degree requirements.
Winter and Spring Scheduling Information
- Scheduling for the Winter term will continue through the add/drop period which ends on Tuesday, December 15. The course withdrawal period begins on Wednesday, December 16th and ends on Friday, January 8th. Students can withdrawal from a course in MyHusky.
- Scheduling for the Spring term will continue through the add/drop period which ends on Tuesday, January 26th. The course withdrawal period begins on Wednesday, January 27th and ends on Friday, April 1st. Students can withdrawal from a course in MyHusky.