You are here
Are you taking courses at another College or University?
- Go to the Office of the Registrar to fill out a Prior Approval form (make sure to bring a copy of the course descriptions, and course numbers of the courses you want to take).
- Students can go to www.patrac.org to look for course equivalents in a PA college or university
- If you are taking the course at one of the PASSHE schools you may also fill out a Visiting Student form. Filling out this form ensures that the credit and grade will transfer back to BU, not just the credit. This also ensures the student that a transcript will be sent from the visiting college to BU.
- Once your course is finished, have an unopened, official transcript sent to Bloomsburg University, Office of the Registrar.
- Please refer to Policy when transferring credit.
- If these courses are your last courses toward graduation at Bloomsburg University, you must complete and submit the "Application for Graduation."
Residence Requirement – According to PRP 3604 - At least 30 of the last 45 semester hours credited toward a bachelor degree must be earned at Bloomsburg University.
Graduation Requirement – According to PRP 3604 - At least 60 semester hours of credit toward graduation must be in courses taken in an accredited four-year degree-granting institution. At least 50% of courses in the major discipline (excluding cognate courses) must be earned at Bloomsburg University.
According to PRP 3343 - College level courses completed with a grade of C (2.0/4.0) or above from a two-year or four-year institution, accredited by one of the regional accrediting agencies, are usually transferred for a degree student. With the exception of courses covered by the State System of Higher Education Academic Passport Policy, courses taken with a grade of less than C (2.0/4.0) will not transfer to Bloomsburg University. Transfer credit will be deleted if the student subsequently registers for courses which substantially duplicate the content of courses accepted for transfer.