How to receive Accommodative Services for admitted or enrolled students
To access accommodative services, students with disabilities must submit the appropriate documentation and request the services by meeting with an office staff member to discuss and evaluate the needs and requested services.
- Submit the appropriate documentation to the University Accommodative Services Office staff prior to scheduling a meeting with the staff member. The specific documentation guidelines are described on this website.
- Prior to beginning of the semester in which the student is requesting services, schedule a meeting with the office staff.
- During this meeting, the staff member will review the documentation, examine the student’s course of study, and discuss with the student his or her needs.
- After an evaluation of this information, the staff member will complete a disclosure form which will describe the access to services for the semester and this form will be signed by the student and the office staff member.
- The student will present this disclosure form to the professors who teach the courses in which the student is requesting the accommodative services.
- Students are encouraged to meet with their professors to discuss his or her disclosure form and the requested accommodations. This meeting should occur in a timely manner during the semester.
- Students are expected to schedule a meeting at the beginning of each semester to discuss access to accommodative services and to complete a new disclosure form for the specific semester.
- All students are encouraged to meet with the office staff on an ongoing basis to discuss access services and the individual’s needs throughout a semester.
- If changes to the students schedule are made which directly affect the provided services, students must contact an office staff member in order to make the appropriate revisions.