2012 Presidential Grant Recipients
Six projects were announced Thursday, April 12, by President David L. Soltz as recipients of $113,725 in 2012 Presidential Grant Awards as part of the ongoing initiatives of Impact 2015: Building on the Past, Leading for the Future.
- Ned Greene, professor of physics and engineering technology, and John Holtzman, assistant facilities director for energy and environment — $25,000 for campus-wide energy monitoring and efficiency initiative
- Tom Fletcher, associate dean of extended programs, Steve Kokoska, director of Honors Program, and Irvin Wright, associate dean of academic achievement — $25,000 for The Educational Pathways Initiative
- John Hranitz, professor of biological and allied health science — #24,680 for initiation of a Center for Undergraduate Research and Education in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
- Heather Feldhaus, chairperson of sociology, social work and criminal justice, and Christopher Podeschi, assistant professor of sociology, social work and criminal justice — $23,915 for the Center for Community Research and Consulting
- John Polhill, assistant dean of College of Science and Technology, and Jennifer Venditti, assistant professor of biology — $10,000 for Summer STEM Enrichment Program
- John Huckans, assistant professor for physics and engineering technology — $5,130 for environmental impact assessment of the Bloomsburg WindJET