Submit a Story Idea
The Office of Marketing and Communications welcomes your suggestions for stories. We want to hear about Huskies who exemplify BU's tradition of academic excellence and passion for learning and life through their work, their leadership, their service to the community and in other ways.
Criteria for story submissions to Bloomsburg: The University Magazine are:
- Articles are an upbeat mixture of interesting and compelling stories that showcase alumni success, both professional and personal achievements; BU's outstanding faculty; and remarkable student activities.
- Features are told through the people involved and must have a current news hook.
- Story ideas come from a variety of sources including faculty, staff, alumni, friends, colleagues, public relations representatives, news clippings, submissions to the alumni online community and, on rare occasion, the subject himself or herself.
- A special effort is made to share the stories of alumni under 40.
The magazine is published three times a year: Winter (Feb. 1), Spring (May 1) and Fall (Sept. 1). Deadlines for content are: Winter (Oct. 30), Spring (Jan. 31) and Fall (May 31).
The magazine serves three main audiences: alumni, current students' families and friends of the university.
To obtain additional information about Bloomsburg: The University Magazine, submit story suggestions or inquire about freelance writing opportunities contact:
- Bonnie Martin
- 104 Waller Administration Building
- Bloomsburg University
- 400 E. Second Street
- Bloomsburg, PA 17815-1301
- Phone: (570) 389-5134 | firstname.lastname@example.org
If a suggested story opportunity fits with our planning, a member of the Marketing and Communications staff will contact you.