You are here
Technology Help Desk Support
Technology Help Desk Support
The Office of Technology uses Numara® FootPrints Help Desk Management solutions to better support the technology needs of the University. FootPrints is a 100% web-based program accessible through a standard web browser in Windows, Macintosh, Unix or Linux platforms.
- Tickets will automatically be routed to the correct technology personnel to assist with your particular issue.
- Global issues that affect all campus users are easily viewable.
- A comprehensive knowledge base to search frequently asked questions is available.
Enter a ticket
Enter a ticket at https://helpdesk.bloomu.edu/
- When entering a ticket from an on campus computer, users will automatically be logged into the software.
- When entering a ticket from an off campus computer, users will need to enter their network user name and password. User name must be preceded by buad\. Example: buad\mmills
Dial HELP # (4357) for urgent requests
The help desk staff will answer calls for urgent assistance from 8 am to 7 pm Monday through Thursday and 8 am to 4:30 pm Friday. (After hours urgent request information located at bottom of this page.)
When To Call:
For emergencies, when you need a quick response or otherwise need to speak directly to our staff. When you dial HELP (4357) the following options will be
If you are a faculty member experiencing a technology problem in a classroom, press 1
For computer, network, passwords, and other technology related questions, press 2
If you are a student in a residence hall experiencing a computer or connectivity issue, press 3
For telephone or voicemail problems, press 4
To borrow laptop computers and video projectors, press 5
If you have questions about test scanning, press 6
If you are experiencing technical problems related to food services, press 7
What To Expect:
Dialing one easy to remember number will connect you to a help desk staff member who will assist with your urgent issue.
Note: If your issue is not an emergency, please enter a help desk ticket in our Footprints software.
Enter a Footprints ticket to receive assistance from your building consultant.
Note: Based on your office location, which is automatically filled in when you enter a ticket, Footprints software routes problems to the correct building consultant.
Services provided by the building consultants
- Assistance with office computer problems, questions about computer/application software you are considering.
- Find your building Consultant
Classrooms and Labs
Monday-Thursday: 4:30-7:00 p.m. Student Technicians are available to respond to emergency classroom calls by dialing the help desk at extension 4357 and selecting option 6. Computer Lab Locations
Reporting Network & Server Problems
After hours and on weekends you can report network or server emergencies that affect the entire campus by calling the HELP DESK at extension 4357 and selecting option 2 to be connected to our support person in Andruss Library. Coverage is available during normal operating hours for the library.
Finding the Status of Network & Server Problems
https://helpdesk.bloomu.edu/ - This web page will have the status of all pertinent network problems and other technology related issues.