You are here
The MyMediasite Portal is a comprehensive video platform managed by the office of Instructional Media Services.
To access the portal, visit http://mymediasite.bloomu.edu.
Any questions regarding use of this system may be directed to email@example.com.
Learn more about how Bloomsburg uses Mediasite
For the past six years, with Mediasite as the backbone of its video initiative, Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania has recorded everything happening on campus. Classroom projects, student teachers on the job, role-playing activities, campus events, lectures for flipped instruction, faculty research and focus group discussions are all recorded and rolled into one video management and creation platform.
Now, it’s going a step further with a streamlined user-generated content strategy and a multi-perspective video feature which adds real-life dimension and serves to deepen engagement for any live or on-demand video.
Are you uploading videos to BOLT for your students to watch outside the classroom or in courses offered via distance? Are you assigning video projects that your students need to submit for faculty and/or peer review? If so, please consider using Mediasite as your streaming video service. In a few steps you can upload your videos to Mediasite, add Quicklinks in BOLT, or share via email.
- Compatible with PC and Mac.
- Video streams to students (no downloading).
- Authentication integrated with BOLT, no third party accounts necessary (YouTube/Google, Vimeo, etc.)
- If a viewer leaves the video, playback will resume where they ended.
- Catalog option so only one link needs to be added to BOLT for multiple videos.
- File types accepted include Flash, MPEG, AVI, Quicktime/MOV, and Windows Media. (Complete List)
The MyMediasite Portal is accessible under the Student Resources tab.
- All Students and Faculty may use this link to upload video assignments, retrieve videos they previously published, and share their presentations.
- Authorized Faculty and Staff may also use this link to access presentations recorded using integrated classroom systems, organize their presentations, and share them with students.
The Mediasite System Management Portal is accessible under the Faculty Resources tab.
- Authorized Faculty and Staff may use this link to access management functions such as remote control of classroom systems, advanced analytic reports, recorder scheduling, etc.
- Users not granted access to these management functions will be automatically redirected to the MyMediasite Portal described above.
Mediasite Desktop Recorder (MDR)
MyMediasite includes a desktop recorder application. MDR offers a simple workflow for uploading narrated powerpoint and other computer based demonstrations similar to Camtasia, Captivate, Jing, etc. with no time limit, additional licensing fees, or third party outsourcing.
Mediasite Web Editor
MyMediasite also includes a web based video editing application. The Mediasite Editor provides basic editing functions for trimming unwanted segments of a presentation and adjusting slide content.
Integrated Classroom Recorders
Permanent recording systems are integrated in the following rooms on campus:
- AL 419 - Teaching and Learning Enhancement Center - Conference room configuration - 18 seats
- BCH 005 - Distance Learning Classroom - Also includes Polycom Telepresence - 40 seats
- MCHS 1230 - Communication Studies Research Lab - Conference room configuration - 20 seats
- SH 102 - College of Business Lecture Hall - 75 seats
- SH 214 - Instructional Technology Classroom - 30 seats
These recording systems capture video of the presenters via robotic cameras in the back of the room as well as high resolution images of any content projected from the IMPS station.
Instructions for using these systems are included in the Tutorials section below. For individual or class training on a system, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Instructional Media Services Office also maintains two mobile recorders that can be used in virtually any presentation space on campus:
- Mediasite ML Recorder for small presentations when ambient audio is sufficient.
- Mediasite RL Recorder production system for larger venues. This system includes a High Definition Camera, wireless microphones, and connections to integrate with any classroom presentation system. (System Details)
For information regarding these systems or to request event recording services, please contact email@example.com.
MDR offers 3 methods of content capture:
- Screencast - Full motion of screen with audio narration
- Slideshow + Audio - Slideshow of still images (no animation) with audio narration
- Slideshow + Video - Slideshow of still images (no animation) with video narration
Videos created with third party tools such as Captivate or iSpring Free may also be uploaded and shared through MyMediasite:
- Upload Media - Full motion of screen with audio narration edited with additional software
Please select your desired topic below. Additional tutorials will be published soon.
Video Only Uploads
Mac/QuickTime Based Studio Recording System
Mac/QuickTime Based Classroom Recording Systems
Classroom Integrated Mediasite Lecture Capture Systems
- AL 419
- BCH 005 - Ad Hoc
- BCH 005 - Scheduled
- SH 102 (Please see SH 214)
- SH 214
- MCHS 1230 - Student
- MCHS 1230 - Faculty
- Nursing Department - Presentations
- Nursing Department - VHS Copying