SAP Frequently Asked Questions
While working in SAP I've received a notice that I have been "timed out" and the system closes down. What can I do to prevent that?
1. Open the SAP logon pad
2. Unlock the modify capabilities if necessary by going under options and de-selecting Disable editing functions, to find this click the upper left hand icon on the SAP logon pad, just to the left of the description SAP Logon 620
3. Close this box (OK)
4. Click on the groups button (PRD is different from the training sessions in that it uses a group of servers not just a single server so the set up is different)
5. Under system Id there should be PRD, if not put it there
6. Under message server type this ip number if it is not there 184.108.40.206
7. Click Generate list
8. Select SSHE-PRD and click Add
9. That's it, it should now be on the logon pad, try it and see
10. If editing was disabled turn it off again.
11. If you need assistance with these steps, please contact the help desk at 4357.
When using transaction FMX1, how do I get a funds reservation number if I have received an error message?
How do I return something ordered from the Storeroom?
To use: Bring up transaction MM60. On the very first screen, be sure to enter 10 in the Plant field. If you would like to narrow your search to just show office supplies, enter 075000 in the "material group" field. (There is also a field called "Material" if you know a material number and want to just check the price of a particular item.) When you've filled in your search criteria, click on the clock icon to execute the report.
Note: Prices vary so you will want to check this transaction periodically to view current pricing.
Remember: Prices vary so be sure to check this transaction periodically for current pricing.
Run the "all postings" budget report (transaction FMRP_RFFMEP1AX) which shows all activity on your budget. To sort it to just see the storeroom reservation transactions, follow these steps:
* Click on the column title of "Value Type Text"
* Next, click on the icon that looks like a funnel. When you roll your cursor over it, it says "set filter"
* In the "filter criteria" window that appears, type Profit* in the text field.
* Click on the green checkmark (or press Enter).
* The report now is filtered to show only Profit transfers (which would be storeroom reservations). You can scroll down the page to see dates and amounts of order.
* If you want to see the original document associated with any particular line, click on that line's number under the RefDocNo field.