HuskyID Account and Password Information
HuskyID Account Information
- Undergraduate degree students will have a HuskyID account created when they apply. Those who pay their tuition deposit for their first year of attendance will have a network and email account linked to their HuskyID. They will be notified what their HuskyID is and how to use it (including the initial password) in the application-acknowledgment letter they receive from the Admissions Office.
- Graduate degree students and non-degree undergraduate students, (no tuition deposit required for these types of students) will have a HuskyID account created when they have at least one course scheduled. If you were a recent BU undergraduate student and your account has not yet become inactive, your HuskyID and password remains the same. If your account did become inactive or you forget what your password was, you will need to reset your password to gain access to your account. If you are a brand new BU student, you should receive notice of your HuskyID from the graduate office or you can lookup your HuskyID in the student directory and then you will need to reset your password to gain access to your account.
- Your Student HuskyID is your single sign-on account for all university related systems. Your HuskyID will give you access to all university systems including public computers across campus in computer labs, Live@EDU Student email, ISIS portal, BOLT, Wireless connections, Student computer network registration, MyHousing, HuskyGold, Print Balance page, Web Print Service, Rescomp ticket page, Remote Access Service, Student Worker eTime, and any resource that is protected by HuskyID Single Sign-On.
- A Student's HuskyID consists of student initials (2 or 3 letters) followed by a 5-digit random number followed by @huskies.bloomu.edu.
- You can verify your student HuskyID or look up other student's email addresses by visiting the student directory lookup page.
- Your HuskyID account will become inactive within 8-9 months after you last attend BU. At that time you will receive an email notification that your HuskyID is becoming inactive within 2 weeks as well as additional information about the account transition. At this time you will still get to keep your Microsoft Live student email account even after you are inactive.
HuskyID Password Information
IMPORTANT - When changing your HuskyID Password, please remember to adhere to the following criteria:
- It must be between 8 and 16 characters long.
- It may not contain blank spaces.
- It may not contain the portion of your email address before "@huskies.bloomu.edu".
- It may not contain your First Name or your Last Name.
- It must contain at least 3 out of 4 of the following types of characters:
- Uppercase alphabetical letters (example: A)
- Lowercase alphabetical letters (example: a)
- Numerical Digits (example: 1)
- Non-alphanumeric Symbols (example: $)
- It may not be changed more than once every 24 hours.
- It may not be identical to any of your last 3 passwords.
- It may not contain your Microsoft Live security question secret answer.
NOTE: You will be required to change your HuskyID password at least once every 6 months in order to log in to the student ISIS portal. The ISIS portal will notify you if you need to change your password when you try to log in.
Is your HuskyID password working for everything except Microsoft Live student email? This can happen after you change your password if the password synchronization process to Microsoft Live fails. This typically happens if the password is over 16 characters long, the password contains blank spaces (" "), or the password contains your Microsoft Live security question secret answer. To check if you have a Microsoft Live security question set, log into http://account.live.com/ and click on Manage next to Security Info. To fix your HuskyID password, change it once again and be sure to select a new password that meets all of the password requirements listed above and it will successfully sync to Microsoft Live at that time.
Change/Reset your HuskyID Password
- To change your password, visit https://reset.bloomu.edu/ and choose "Change your Password".
- If you don't know your current HuskyID password, you can go to https://reset.bloomu.edu/ and choose "Reset Your Password" to reset your password. You will need to know your birth date, home zip code, and student id number to verify your identity.
- Applicants are unable to change their HuskyID password until the day after they pay their tuition deposit for the first year of attendance.
- Non-active students that still have their Microsoft Live email account cannot change their password through these pages. You will instead have to change your email password directly through Microsoft Live. You will receive a detailed email 8-9 months after you are no longer an active student.
Please keep your password to yourself
Please be aware Bloomsburg University technology support will never ask you for your password or other confidential information through email. EDUs are the target of many malicious phishing email scams where someone outside the organization tries to persuade you to reply with your password or click on a link and enter your password into a web form. They claim you need to do this to receive additional disk space, to upgrade your account, or to prevent your account termination. These emails have never and will never come from Bloomsburg University and you should never respond to them. Please forward these types of suspicious e-mail messages to the Bloomsburg University E-mail Administrator at the address email@example.com. If you have already responded to a phishing email and given your password, please change your password IMMEDIATELY and never set your password back to the compromised password you gave to the spammer. If you are ever not sure, please do not reply and instead contact the Help Desk. For full detailed information about phishing messages including examples of actual phishing messages that have been sent to university accounts, check the Phishing information page.