You are here
Alumni E-mail - Office 365
Alumni E-mail - Office 365
Students currently are able to retain their email account after they stop attending Bloomsburg University. Students that wish to retain their account should continue using their email account and watch for an email from the Office of Technology about 8-9 months after they last attend informing them that their HuskyID is becoming inactive in 30 days. Students have 30 days to follow the instructions in the email to opt-in to retain their email account even after their HuskyID becomes inactive. Any student that does not opt-in within the 30 day time period will have their mailbox deleted. Prior to this change in Summer 2013, every student's mailbox was retained without the need to opt-in, but we've found that the vast majority of these old accounts are dormant. We will initiate a separate opt-in process with a longer opt-in timeframe for these older alumni accounts to give us the ability to clean out inactive unused accounts.
To log in to your BU Office 365 alumni email account:
- Point your web browser to http://mail.huskies.bloomu.edu/ (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari recommended).
- Click on the "Log on as Alumni (@alumni.bloomu.edu)" link.
- Enter Your Alumni username (i.e. email@example.com) and current Office365 password into the Office 365 login page.
Alumni Office365 username and Password Information
- You should first verify your account truly is in Alumni status by reading the section below.
- Your Office365 alumni username is just like your student HuskyID, but it is changed from @huskies.bloomu.edu to @alumni.bloomu.edu.
- Those that were converted to @alumni.bloomu.edu during the June 10, 2013 Office365 upgrade process kept the same password that was used to access the @huskies.bloomu.edu Live@EDU account.
- Those that were converted to @alumni.bloomu.edu after the initial upgrade process need to obtain a one-time password during their opt-in process that they will use beginning the day their HuskyID becomes inactive, and will have to set a new password during their first logon. Full details are included during your opt-in process.
- To change your Office365 Password, when you are logged in to your mailbox, click on Options, See All Options, and then on the right side, click on "Change your password".
- If you have forgotten your Office365 Password, you will need to contact the technology helpdesk in Ben Franklin Hall at 570-389-4357.
Determining if you are a Student or Alumni
- All current and recent Students that still have an active HuskyID are considered Students, while those with an inactive HuskyID are considered Alumni.
- A HuskyID becomes inactive approximately 9-12 months after a student last attends BU.
- Students receive a notification email 30 days prior to their HuskyID becoming inactive.
- Students can use their HuskyID to log into BU resources other than just email, while Alumni only have access to their email account.
- Students can be found in the student directory, while alumni are not listed.
- When a HuskyID becomes inactive, the student's username and email address changes from @huskies.bloomu.edu to @alumni.bloomu.edu.
- For those that became inactive prior to the upgrade to Office 365, their username and email address was changed to @alumni.bloomu.edu on June 10, 2013.
- Those with an @alumni.bloomu.edu email address still get email messages that are addressed to their @huskies.bloomu.edu email address delivered to their account, so they will not be losing any previous or future email when their account is converted.
- When a former student with an inactive HuskyID re-enrolls at BU, the username and email address change back to @huskies.bloomu.edu, but they will continue to get email messages that are addressed to their @alumni.bloomu.edu email address delivered to their account, so they will not be losing any previous or future email when their account is converted back.