Windows Vista Wireless Instructions
You must have the following to be able to access the network:
- A computer running Windows Vista
- An 802.11A/G/N wireless (wifi) adapter
- A Faculty/Staff/Student university account
- Begin by clicking start and typing Network and Sharing Center into the search field. When you see it appear at the top of the list, press enter or click it to open the Network and Sharing Center.
- When the window opens, click the link Connect to a Network.
- A list of available wireless networks will appear. Click the one that says bloomu, and then click the Connect button to continue.
- The following window will appear. Click "Enter/select additional log on information".
- You will be prompted to enter your username and password. If you are a student, enter your HuskyID (full email address) for your username, followed by your password. If you are a faculty/staff member, enter your username, followed by your password. Click OK to connect. In both cases, leave the domain field BLANK. Click OK to continue.
- A window such as the one below will appear again. Click "Enter/select additional log on information".
- Click OK to confirm the security certificate and continue.
- You are now connected. We recommend checking "Save this network" and "Start this connection automatically". Then click Close to exit the process.
- You will now see the network bloomu listed in your Network and Sharing Center.
Faculty and Staff Only: You should be ready to use the campus network and internet. Go ahead and load up your Internet Web Browser and test the connection
Students: All BU students are required to register their computer prior to gaining access to our network be compliant with the University's network standards. To expedite the registration process, have your HuskyID and current password available. You also MUST have an up-to-date supported virus scanner. If you do not own a registered version of a virus scanner, the University will provide you with a licensed copy upon your arrival (Please note, Trial versions will not be accepted by the registration process. You must have a fully functional virus scanner to continue with registration). Furthermore,Windows must have all critical updates and service packs installed, which can be obtained from the Windows Update web site. You will not gain access to the campus network until all steps of the registration process are accomplished. Once you authenticate successfully and connect to the bloomu network, when you attempt to load a web page in your web browser, you will be redirected to the registration site. If you are not automatically redirected, go to the Registration page directly.