TRiO Student Support Services
TRiO's mission is to contribute to the success of BU students in pursuit of their educational career and life goals. TRiO is committed to increasing retention and graduation through:
- Personalized supportive, proficient and accessible program services and staff
- Quality advising, tutoring, teaching and advocacy
- Acknowledgement and appreciation for individual diversity and resilience
- Academic tutoring with master tutors in English/writing, study skills, math, sciences, social sciences, business, accounting and more ...
- Individual confidential advisement for academics, personal concerns, financial issues, etc.
- Group preparation for APA formatting, PRAXIS and GRE
- Quiet study areas with computer access
The Department of Education in Washington D.C. makes tuition grants available to BU TRiO SSS students. Eligible students must be active SSS participants in their first two years of college and must be a PELL grant recipient. No student may receive a grant if it replaces other grant aid already committed to that student. Scholarship amounts are determined by the recipients' financial aid need and award packages.
Funded under TRiO grants from the U.S. Department of Education $289,656.