You are here
Student & Family Information
Student & Family Information
Check Our Facebook Page OFTEN!
For program announcements, pictures, information on upcoming events, scholarship opportunities, articles of interest to future college students, and other updates, visit our Facebook page
Students who participate in Upward Bound are expected to actively attend and participate in program activities, to challenge themselves at their high schools by enrolling in (and achieving good grades in) a challenging college preparatory curriculum, to take the SAT and/or the ACT their junior and senior years, and to apply for admission to at least four colleges and universities (including Bloomsburg University) during the fall of their senior year. Students should be fully committed to the goal of enrolling in college immediately after high school.
A list of Upward Bound's specific requirements for each grade level (grades 9-12) was distributed and sent to students. Please contact an Upward Bound staff member for another copy.
After School Center Meeting Information
Upward Bound's Center Meeting days, times, locations, and Academic Tutors are listed below.
- Berwick: Mondays from 2:40 pm to 4:40 pm, Library, Ms. April Zluchowski
- Mahanoy: Mondays and Wednesdays from 3:00 to 4:00 pm, Room B25 (Elementary), Ms. Dawn Renn
- Milton: Mondays from 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm, Room 130, Ms. Amanda Smith
- Mount Carmel: Mondays and Tuesdays from 2:20 pm to 3:20 pm, Room 203, Mr. Walt Kozlowski
- North Schuylkill: Wednesdays from 2:45 to 4:45 pm, Room 510, Ms. Tammy Sausser
- Pottsville: Thursdays from 2:40 pm to 4:40 pm, Room 120, Ms. Kayla Fehr
- Shamokin: Mondays from 2:30 pm to 4:30 pm, Room C-115, Ms. Abby Kulenguskey
- Shikellamy: Thursdays from 2:45 pm to 4:45 pm, Room 132, Ms. Yvonne Monahan
- Education Planner
- Career Exploration (from the Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- BigFuture Career Search
- Career Ship
- BigFuture College Search
- Education Planner College Search
- Next Step U
- The Princeton Review
- College Xpress
- College Navigator
- College View
- My College Options
- My Majors
- FastWeb College Search
- College Confidential
- Applying for Aid
- Education Planner's Student Aid 101
- FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- BigFuture Financial Aid Information
- PHEAA's 5 Steps to Financial Aid
- PHEAA's Pennsylvania Student Aid Guide
- Compare Your Aid Awards
- BigFuture Scholarship Search
Students who are involved in clubs or athletics should ask a program staff member for a participation letter that they can then give to their coach or advisor. This letter will explain the program and help in making arrangements for students to continue with school activities while remaining actively involved in Upward Bound.
Helpful Web Links
Here are some good resources for Upward Bound students and their families.
Financial Aid Information
Remember ... never pay to apply for financial aid!
Remember ... never pay for scholarship search services!
Students should check the UB Facebook page and their school guidance office's web page OFTEN for additional scholarship opportunities!
SAT and ACT Information and Preparation
Active Upward Bound students qualify for SAT and ACT waivers. Talk to UB for more information.