Alumni return to campus for ZIPD conference
Alumni returned to Bloomsburg University to give presentations and interact with students at the recent Zeigler Institute of Professional Development (ZIPD) Business Conference. Founded by Terry ’76 and JoAnn ’77 Schultz Zeigler, ZIPD seeks to prepare students for aspects of a business career, ranging from etiquette and dressing appropriately to becoming more aware of opportunities in their fields and seeing how disciplines are related.
This annual conference connects current students with successful alumni, allowing students to learn from and network with experienced businesspeople in their fields.
“The Zeigler Institute for Professional Development gives our students a distinct advantage,” said BU President David Soltz. “They will not only pursue careers that are a good fit for them personally, but they will acquire the well-rounded perspective necessary to become valued employees and successful business owners.”
The following alumni participated in the two-day conference
- Tristin Ambrose ’11, staff, Assurance Services, Ernst & Young
- Carissa Anthony ’07, OTG Operations-Large Transactions, Vanguard
- Richard “Dick” Baker ’73/’78M, Professor Emeritus, Bloomsburg University
- Greg Bowden ’01, Vice President – Investments, Brokerage and Advisory Services, UBS Financial Services Inc.
- Amy Brayford ’91, Chief Human Resource Officer, Geisinger Health System
- Kellen Brown ’07, Manager, Transaction Advisory Services, Ernst & Young
- Alana Cassidy ’07, Director of Consulting Services, Academic Search
- Craig Diehl ’82, Owner, Law Offices of Craig A. Diehl
- Doug Dyer ’79, Vice President, Marketing and Public Relations, Pinnacle Health System
- Craig Evans ’03, Manager, Kreischer Miller
- Eric Furuglayas ’12, Environmental Service Director, Bloomsburg Health Care Center
- Michael Gillespie ’95, Chief Accounting Officer, Hersha Hospitality Trust
- Elisa Mancuso Grandizio ’80, Chief Administrative Officer, RantNetwork Inc.
- Darin Hardy ’06, Manager, Assurance Services, Ernst & Young
- Lee Herbert ’11, staff, Assurance Services, Ernst & Young
- Joseph Hilgar ’75, Global Sourcing Manager, Energy and Materials, Air Products and Chemicals Inc.
- Tom Holly ’86, Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Drew Hostetter ’76, Executive Vice President and CFO, Susquehanna Bancshares Inc.
- Rich Huber ’72, CPA, CEO Genesis Systems Inc.
- Joe Jacques ’74, CEO, Jacques Financial
- Richard Jarman ’73, President and Chief Executive Officer, The National Center for Manufacturing Sciences
- Mike Kacsmar ’92, Partner, Ernst & Young
- Dan Klingerman ’87, President and CEO, The Liberty Group
- Kelly Lewis ’86, President and CEO, The Allied Health Information Exchange Co.
- Robert “Bob” Lyon ’85, Chairman, President and CEO, Millers Insurance
- Tom Mason ’84, Field Product Line Manager, Travelers Insurance
- David McIlwaine ’80, President and CEO, HVAC Distributors Inc.
- Richard Menniti ’80, CFO, BPZ Resources Inc.
- Robert “Bob” Moore ’80, Energy Industry Consultant
- Brenda Schreffler Nichols ’85, Senior Vice President and CFO, Larson Design Group
- Vincent Ottomanelli ’88, President, Salvatore Ferragamo
- Nobel “Bud” Quandel ’69, Chairman and CEO, Quandel Enterprises Inc.
- James Slamon ’74, Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, US Cold Storage
- Chet Snavely ’70, President, The Anchor Organization Inc.
- Jeffrey Stello ’78, President and CEO, MATCOR Inc.
- Mark Thomas ’91, Partner, KPMG
- Terry Zeigler ’76, President and CEO, Datacap Systems Inc.
- Mike Zeiser ’93, Chief Financial Officer, MacAulay Brown
- Anthony Zarzaca ’94 Commercial Sales Manager, North America Lutron Electronics Co. Inc.
- Ed Zwicker ’84, Vice President, Business Information Management, Philadelphia Insurance Companies
Other presenters were
- Joan Benek-Rivera, Assistant Dean, College of Business, Bloomsburg University
- Ira Blake, Senior Vice President and Provost, Bloomsburg University
- Brian Bolus, Owner, Minuteman Environmental Services Inc.
- Maria Cannon, Vice President, Cisco Systems
- Steve Carr, Manager, Kreischer Miller
- Laura Davis, Faculty, College of Business, Bloomsburg University
- Jeanne Fitzgerald, Interim Director, Career Development Center, Bloomsburg University
- Rona Hummel, Adjunct Faculty, College of Business, Bloomsburg University
- Brion Lieberman, Director of Human Resources, Geisinger Health System
- Charlie Ross, President and CEO, Greater Susquehanna Valley Chamber of Commerce