Council of Trustees
The Commonwealth University Council of Trustees, appointed by the Governor of Pennsylvania and approved by the Senate, are charged with reviewing the administration, fiscal management and physical plant of the university. Commonwealth University will seat a permanent Council of Trustees in fall 2022.
The Trustees also conduct an annual evaluation of the president, which is given to the Chancellor for submission to PASSHE's Board of Governors. Based upon recommendations from the president, the Council of Trustees reviews and approves standards for:
- the admission, discipline, and expulsion of students
- policies and procedures governing use of institutional facilities and property
- the creation of schools and academic programs
- annual operating and capital budget requirements
- charges for room and board, other fees (except student activity fees)
Council of Trustees Documents
Bloomsburg University Council of Trustees Meeting Minutes Archives
Act 50 of 2020 empowers the Board of Governors to make the appointment of students to serve on the Councils of Trustees for the 14 universities with the State System. Prior to the enactment of this law, the appointment was made by the Governor.