Enter smart. Leave brilliant.
Imagine a college experience that begins by applauding you for your high scores and potential and
- Welcomes you into a select, talented, diverse, and close-knit community of students and faculty who know that smart is just the beginning of who you are
- Challenges you with daily opportunities for truly deep and experiential learning in the fields that interest you most
- Gives you the one-on-one support and attention you’d expect at a prestigious college while providing all the benefits, activities, and affordability of a state university
- Rewards you with choice scholarships, life-changing international travel, and the tightest group of friends you’ll ever have.
Imagine yourself a part of Bloomsburg University’s Honors College. It’s designed for smart students like you who want the very best experience that an undergraduate education can offer: a rigorous, interdisciplinary curriculum, a cohort of creative and passionate peers, and the professional guidance and support to explore, create, learn, and succeed brilliantly.
The Honors Experience
Bloomsburg University’s Honors College combines the affordability, resources, academics and campus life of a comprehensive state university with the seminar-style classes, personal attention, close interaction with faculty and supportive community you would expect at a prestigious liberal arts college.
From your very first day on campus — when current Honors students will meet you and your family to help you move into Honors Learning Community housing in Lycoming Residence Hall — to when you graduate with Honors, yours will be among the most supportive, enriching, and personalized undergraduate experiences available anywhere.
Honors Learning Community Housing
Wondering how you’ll find your group of friends in college? As an Honors student, you’ll live and laugh with them from, well, the day before day one.
You’ll be invited to move onto campus a couple days earlier than other incoming students and be welcomed by current Honors students ready and willing to show you the way. Our move-in crew will help you carry your things into your Honors Learning Community room while chatting with you and easing any anxiety you — or your parents — may feel.
In no time at all, you’ll get to know other Honors students and become acclimated to campus, Bloomsburg, and the surrounding areas. Living with both first-year and experienced Honors students will help you find friends fast, get inside answers to all your questions, and make connections that will last long after college life is over.
Rigorous, Interdisciplinary, Student-Driven Academics
At the heart of the Honors College is an interdisciplinary, experiential, academic curriculum that offers you:
- Small, discussion-based, Honors classes
- Independent, student-driven, capstone project with dedicated faculty mentors
- Intense, one-on-one engagement with faculty and peers
- Ongoing, individualized attention
- Skills-based, leadership training through social, civic, academic, and professional opportunities and events
- Unparalleled, faculty-led travel, study-abroad, and service opportunities
- Freedom to explore ideas and opportunities across disciplines and around the globe.
Honors College Admission Requirements
In order to be considered for admission to the Honors College, you'll need to submit both your BU application and an online Honors College application, link below.
First-Year Students Minimum Qualifications
- Rank in the top 20 percent of their high school class
- GPA of 95 and above
- SAT optional
Transfer and Current BU Students — We encourage transfer and current BU students to apply for admission to the Honors College. Admission is based on your undergraduate academic performance. You must have a minimum grade point average of 3.5.
Questions? Ask an Honors Student Ambassador!
Want to learn more about the Honors Program? Talk to one of our Honors student ambassadors: upper-level students who can answer your questions from a been-there-done-that perspective. Contact us to schedule an appointment to talk to an ambassador by phone (570-389-5481) or to meet and talk with you on a campus visit.
Also check out our Frequently Asked Questions page!
Calendar of Events
Publically available events will be shown in a scrolling section at the bottom of this page. Events for honors students only are listed in a google calendar in the section below.