This checklist stated above is for students enrolling at Commonwealth University for the Fall 2023 semester and beyond. You can view this checklist here.
The Minor in Dance program consists of 21 credits which cover a broad range of topics aimed at developing technique, exploring the history of the form, expanding performance skills, exploring multi-cultural forms, and practicing the craft of dance-making. The program seeks to instill students with knowledge of current and contemporary practices and philosophies within the field, while revealing potential career possibilities both directly and indirectly related to the art form itself. Through analytical, critical, physical, artistic and practical experiences, students will digest a broad view of dance, while having the ability to select electives appropriate to their direct interests and/or area of major studies.
This checklist stated on the main homepage is more students enrolling at Commonwealth University for the Fall 2023 semester and beyond. You can view this checklist here.
Required Courses: (6 total credits)
- DANCE.111 Dance History Topics
- DANCE.224 Choreography I
Choose 3 technique courses: (8 to 9 total credits required)
- DANCE.221 Ballet II
- DANCE.222 Modern I/II
- DANCE.223 Jazz II
- DANCE.117 Beginning Jazz I and Ballet
Options: Choose 6 credits from the lists below: (Include Repertory and/or Ensemble)
(Note: Select 7 credits below if taking DANCE.117 above for 2 credits.)
- BIOLOGY.173 Anatomy & Physiology (Note: BIOLOGY.173, BIOLOGY.174 & PHYSICS.111 are prerequisites for EXERCISE.351)
- BIOLOGY.205 Introduction to Nutrition
- *DANCE.228 Ensemble (credit requires approved faculty mentored project)
- *DANCE.229 Repertory (May be Repeated for Credit)
- DANCE.290 Special Topics: May include Tap, Improvisation, African Dance or Other
- EXERCISE.270 Exercise and You
- EXERCISE.278 Yoga
- EXERCISE.351 Kinesiology
- THEATRE.200 Voice and Movement
- THEATRE.112 Fundamentals of Acting
*Students must enroll at least once in either Repertory or Ensemble. Ensemble does not have to be taken for credit to satisfy the requirement, and it may be repeated.
NOTE: Students enrolled prior to the Fall 2023 semester should speak directly with their assigned academic advisor about any questions regarding their specific requirements for graduation instead of using the linked document/text.