Information and Technology Management (B.S.B.A.)
Information and technology management prepares you to effectively plan, design, select, implement, use, and administer emerging information and communication technologies. ITM provides you with emerging technology skills and integrates those skills with business knowledge.
- Degrees & Offerings
- Program Contact
Chair of Department of Information Technology, Analytics, and Business Education, Associate Professor
ITM Program Learning Outcomes
- Students demonstrate knowledge regarding facts, concepts, principles, analytic techniques, and theories used in the ITM field to analyze complex business situations and develop solutions.
- Students demonstrate knowledge of key business issues such as budgeting, management, marketing and project management.
- Students demonstrate the ability to apply, analyze and integrate important terminology within the business environment.
- Students apply skills through internships and real-world case studies designed to enhance and enrich the educational experience.
The ITM degree is for students seeking employment in organizations where information technology plays a major role. Our program offers:
- student involvement with real-world hands-on examples and projects to bridge the gap between academia and practice
- student engagement with experiential learning experiences
- student internship opportunities
- doctoral qualified faculty with real-world industry experience and scholarly publications
- evolving and growing curriculum to meet the needs of a 21st century global society
- excellent job placement rates (More than 96% of graduates secure positions in the ITM field)
ITM graduates find employment in all industries and organizations.
- Median annual wage $88,240
- One of the fastest growing occupations in the United States
Many top, global corporations only recruit from AACSB-accredited schools. Those grads are offered better, more competitive salaries.
Job Growth Projected
Demand for computer and information systems managers will grow, adding 48,000+ jobs between 2019-2029, as firms increasingly expand their business to digital platforms. Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics
Median Annual Salary
Alumni are employed with companies such as: Geisinger, Amazon, PPL, Enterprise Holdings, Highmark, JPMorgan Chase, and more. Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Chair of Department of Information Technology, Analytics, and Business Education, Associate Professor
Review the step-by-step process whether you're a first-year student, transferring to BU, or more.
Ready to apply? Great!! Start your online application here.
There's no better way to learn more than to experience Bloomsburg for yourself! Set up a campus tour or connect with us virtually.
Applying to college is a big step. You have questions, and we have answers!
Our Financial Aid team is your guide to navigating the aid process here at BU.