Elevate your clinical and leadership experience with Bloomsburg's online, Post-Master’s Doctor of Nursing Practice degree.
- Degrees & Offerings
- Format Option(s)
- Program Contact
Assistant Professor of Nursing
This program prepares nurse leaders to apply advanced practice skills at the highest level of clinical practice. Students will be prepared to assume a higher level of responsibility and leadership in nursing and healthcare, with the ultimate goal of improving the healthcare delivery system of the nation.
The focus of the program is practice-oriented investigation in the clinical setting emphasizing health education, leadership, research application, and analysis of health care outcomes. The program will prepare advanced practice nurses as clinical scholars skilled in patient-centered care, intra-professional collaboration, evidence-based practice, quality improvement, policy advocacy, and improved use of informatics and technology.
- Coursework is 100% online - core courses are asynchronous and clinical courses are synchronous
- Consists of 33 credits to be completed over 2 years
- Flexible coursework - curriculum is built with working nurses in mind
- CCNE accredited
- Program faculty are advanced practice nurses
- 500 required clinical hours that are incorporated into coursework
- Students complete an evidence-based project that develops with progression through the program
Courses and Curriculum
Required Courses (33 credits)
NURSING.600 DNP Immersion: Role Transition
NURSING.601 Informatics and Technology as Applied to Advance Practice Nursing
NURSING.602 Economics of Health Care and Health Policy
NURSING.603 Translating Evidence into Clinical Practice
NURSING.604 Leadership in Complex Health Care Systems
NURSING.605 Theoretical Perspectives of Teaching/Learning
NURSING.606 Biomedical Ethics and Vulnerable Populations
NURSING.607 Program Development and Evaluation
NURSING.608 Evidence-Based Clinical Project I: Development
NURSING.609 Evidence-Based Clinical Project II: Implementation
NURSING.610 Evidence-Based Clinical Project III: Outcome Analysis and Dissemination
- DNP Immersion: Role Transition
- Informatics & Technology as Applied to Advance Practice Nursing
- Economics of Health Care and Health Policy
- Translating Evidence into Clinical Practice
- Theoretical Perspectives of Teaching/Leaming
- Leadership in Complex Health Care Systems
- Program Development and Evaluation
- Evidence-Based Clinical Project I: Development
- Evidence-Based Clinical Project II: Implementation
- Biomedical Ethics and Vulnerable Populations
- Evidence-Based Clinical Project III: Outcome Analysis and Dissemination
All required documentation must be sent to the Office of Graduate Studies at least 2 weeks prior to the start of the full Summer semester:
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher from an accredited MSN program.
- Official transcripts from all previously attended institutions of higher education.
- Completion of graduate level advanced health assessment, advanced pharmacology, and advanced pathophysiology courses.
- Three letters of recommendation addressing applicant’s practice and ability for doctoral study.
- Current resume
- Copy of certification/license as an advanced practice nurse.
- Copy of unencumbered RN license.
- Description and total number of clinical hours/cases completed in MSN program with verification from program director.
- Completion of Graduate Studies Admission Application and fee.
The Husky Difference
At Bloomsburg, you can spend more time making your way up the ladder and less time paying down the loans. We were founded on the idea of giving hardworking people an affordable, world-class education. And we’re still committed to that vision today, in every single way.
Applying to this Program (Graduate)
Review the step-by-step application process for graduate school at BU.
Begin your application online.
If you have questions, we have answers. Contact us today!
Help finance your grad degree. Gain professional experience. Grow your network.
Tuition and Fees
Earning an advanced degree is an investment in your future. See just how affordable BU's Grad School can be for you.
Our Financial Aid team is your guide to navigating the aid process for your graduate degree at BU.
Assistant Professor of Nursing