Social, Emotional, and Behavioral Wellness PK-12
Bloomsburg University's College of Education offers this 12-credit endorsement program to undergraduate and graduate education students to further prepare them as effective and compassionate professional educators.
- Degrees & Offerings
This unique endorsement program prepares educators to help their students achieve success and build resiliency by facilitating social, emotional, and behavioral wellness to address non-academic barriers to learning.
- Four courses (including one internship) grounded in theories of cognitive, social, emotional, and behavioral development and demonstrated research-based practices which enable candidates to gain knowledge and experience needed to work successfully with family members and the broader community in supporting social, emotional, and behavioral wellness of PK-12 students
- Prepares candidates to demonstrate competency related to the following targeted domains: I. Social Emotional Wellness Learning and Youth Development; II. Characteristics and Impact of Adverse Childhood Experience, Trauma, and Mental Illness on PK-12 Students; III. Behavioral and Mental Health Literacy; IV. Prevention and Intervention to Support Social, Emotional, and Behavioral Wellness across PK-12 Educational Environments; and V. Collaboration with Families, Agencies, and the Community
- Intended for teacher candidates, in-service teachers, school counselors, and administrators who recognize the importance of supporting preK-12 students who have experienced trauma or adverse childhood experiences
- Candidates earning this endorsement will be able to distinguish themselves among their peers as having competencies and direct experiences supporting this growing population of students
CAEP accreditation ensures we prepare new teachers to know their subjects, their students, and have the clinical training that allows them to enter the classroom ready to teach effectively.
Additionally, our education majors can substitute teach in local school districts after completing 60 credits while pursuing their undergraduate degree.
College of Distinction
Bloomsburg has earned national recognition as a College of Distinction for its education programs, honored for its quality and high-impact teacher preparation.
Social, Emotional, and Behavioral Wellness Contacts
- Chair of the Department of Exceptionality Programs, Associate Professor
- Graduate Program Coordinator of Exceptionality Programs, Associate Professor
Applying to this Program (Graduate)
Review the step-by-step application process for graduate school at BU.
Begin your application online.
If you have questions, we have answers. Contact us today!
Help finance your grad degree. Gain professional experience. Grow your network.
Earning an advanced degree is an investment in your future. See just how affordable BU's Grad School can be for you.
Our Financial Aid team is your guide to navigating the aid process for your graduate degree at BU.