This minor will provide you with a strong foundation of theatre. It can be paired with numerous majors to enhance your career opportunities or simply pursued to cultivate a personal interest and love of theatre making.
- Degrees & Offerings
- Program Contact
Director of Theatre, Associate Professor of Theatre and Dance
Assistant Professor of Theatre and Dance
A minor in Theatre Arts requires a total of 22 or 23 credits, including study in each basic category of the discipline: theory/criticism, history, performance, technical crafts, design, and practical application. You may also study in additional areas of his or her own choosing. All required courses are currently offered in our program of study.
- THEATRE 102 Introduction to Theatre
- THEATRE 108 Theatre Practicum (2 enrollments, 1 must be for one credit; 2nd can be for 0 or 1 credit, depending on credit load the semester it is taken)
- THEATRE 112 Fundamentals of Acting
- THEATRE 270 Fundamentals of Theatre Design
- Select ONE: THEATRE 211 Theatre Production, THEATRE 277 Costume Construction, or THEATRE 370 Stage Makeup (Prerequisite: THEATRE 270)
- Select ONE: THEATRE 202 Understanding Plays: Script Analysis, THEATRE 215 Theatre History I, THEATRE 325 Theatre History II*, or THEATRE 416 Modern Theatre* (*Prerequisite for THEATRE 325 & 416 is THEATRE 215 or consent of instructor)
- Select TWO additional courses from the Theatre and Dance Division's curriculum (six credits total)
At least six credits taken as any part of the minor requirements must be 300 or 400 level courses.
The Husky Difference
Ethan Krupp, M.F.A.
- Director of Theatre, Associate Professor of Theatre and Dance
David A. Miller, M.F.A.
- Associate Professor of Theatre and Dance
Carrie Winship, Ph.D.
- Assistant Professor of Theatre and Dance
Applying to this Program
Review the step-by-step process whether you're a first-year student, transferring to BU, or more.
Ready to apply? Great!! Start your online application here.
There's no better way to learn more than to experience Bloomsburg for yourself! Set up a campus tour or connect with us virtually.
Connect with Your Admissions Counselor
Applying to college is a big step. You have questions, and we have answers!
Financial Aid Guide
Our Financial Aid team is your guide to navigating the aid process here at BU.