You are here
You, in Bloom ...
You, in Bloom ...
How do you line up with our “Get Excited” checklist?
Grab a pen and start checking!
- Fall in love with Bloomsburg University
- Get ACCEPTED to Bloomsburg University (if you are viewing this information, we assume you are at least that far already!)
- Visit Bloomsburg’s beautiful campus (and fall in love with Bloomsburg even more!)
- Accept our admissions offer by paying your $200 non-refundable enrollment deposit. Deadline for all deposits is May 1.
- Join the Bloomsburg University Class of 2020 on Facebook
- Join our Twitter family by following @BloomsburgU and connect with other new Huskies by using #BUClass2020
- Follow Bloomsburg University on Instagramand Pinterest, as well as subscribe to our YouTube channel
All of the above boxes checked? Great!
You are ready to move to the “Get Started” checklist:
- Complete and submit your Health Form to the BU Health Center. Health forms are due July 1. The forms can be completed on the Student Health Center website.
- Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by March 15. This is required if you would like to have a job on campus.
- Familiarize yourself with your Husky email account. We will communicate with you via your BU email address only. Your BU email address looks like this: firstname.lastname@example.org. For assistance with your email account, contact our technology assistance department. Check your BU email early and often!
- Memorize your Husky ID number, but don’t confuse it with your email address! Your Husky ID number is a uniquely assigned 6 digit number. We take your privacy seriously!
- Living on campus? Start to get excited about our residence life options and amenities!! Check out our seven residence halls and our Living and Learning Communities. Around March, you will be able to complete your Housing Application. (Have a roommate in mind? You can take care of that then, also!) Housing applications are due June 1, 2015.
- Research and select your meal plan. College students are hungry, and we get it! BU has a meal plan option for every taste! Meal plans must be selected by Sept. 2. Meals plans are selected through your MyHousing account.
Made it so far? Whew! You are doing GREAT!
Now onto the “Get There!” checklist:
- When contacted to do so, register and complete your required placement exams. There will be many date options available. The placement test results are used to determine your fall class schedule. Note: Placement exams are not required for transfer students.
- Do you believe you are a strong writer? Consider the earning Credit by Exam for ENGLISH 101, which would exempt you from the course.
- When prompted to do so, register for a summer BU Preview Day. BU Preview Day is your required freshmen orientation. Summer Freshmen and ACT 101 students are NOT required to participate in a BU Preview Day. You will have multiple dates to choose from. Registration begins in the spring.
- Staying overnight for your BU Preview Day? Make hotel accommodations at one of our corporate partners.
- Send your final high school transcript to the Office of Admissions. Hey, we believe you graduated- but we need to make sure!
- If applicable, send us any AP exam test scores and final transcripts from other colleges attended.
- Interested in perfecting your Spanish, but want to stay far away from German? Think your French skills are already pretty good? We have an app for that! Well… sort of. Take the Language Proficiency exam to potentially fulfill your second language requirement before even arriving in the fall. OR! Complete the language preference request form to make sure you don’t end up in a foreign language you are not comfortable with.
- Meet the OWLs! No, not those from Harry Potter! The OWLs from Bloomsburg, silly! OWL stands for Orientation Workshop Leader. OWLs are upperclassmen student leaders that are here to make your transition to Bloomsburg as awesome as possible! It is never too early to get in touch with an OWL! They are waiting to hear from you!
Still with us? Get Excited, Get Started, and Get There checklists complete? Great!
You have reached the final and most important stretch- the “Get Ready!” checklist:
- Create a packing list for your residence hall room. Be sure to look at the list of recommended items, as well as the “no-no” list. (Sorry, puppy, you can’t come on this trip.)
- Housing and roommate assignments will be released Aug. 5. Get in touch with your roommate as soon as possible to decided “who will bring what…” Tip: You won’t need two big screens so make sure you work that out in advance.
- Make sure you understand your financial aid award. If you have questions, contact our financial aid office. Also, don’t forget to pay your bill through our bursar’s office. Although our tuition is very affordable, it is not free so don’t make that mistake!
- When available, review your fall class schedule in your MyHusky account. Schedules will be posted mid-August.
- Once you have your class schedule, visit our University Bookstore website to price and purchase your textbooks. Tip: Buy your books online from home, and the awesome staff will box them up for you for pick up once you get here!.
- Review the MyCore program as well as the degree requirements for the major you have chosen. It’s good to have a road map when you’re starting an awesome journey!
- Register your cell phone number for emergency notifications and update your emergency contact info through your MyHusky account. Tip: You can also add a parent’s phone number for emergency notifications.
- Check out parking and vehicle registration information on our police website
- Familiarize yourself with The Pilot, our student code of conduct handbook. You are responsible for knowing our code of conduct. (There might be a quiz!)
- Start your co-curricular transcript. The co-curricular transcript is where you brag about all the clubs, organizations, and leadership activities you are involved in.
- Start your Bloomsburg wardrobe by ordering a few things from our University Bookstore. It is important to be well dressed - BU style!
- Lastly, get ready to get involved! Check out our student government and the 250+ organizations and clubs BU has to offer! We have something for everyone, including you!