Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

What applications do I need to submit and what are the deadlines?

The FAFSA must be submitted for most forms of aid.  Additional applications must be submitted if you wish to apply for a scholarship, summer PHEAA Grant, loan, or work-study.   Get more information on deadlines

Where do I get the applications?

Most applications are available online at  Students and parents may also contact their lender for private educational alternative loan applications.  Federal and private loan applications should not be submitted prior to April 1, 2017 for the 2017-2018 academic year (Summer 2017, Fall 2017, Spring 2018).

I have not decided if I will attend Bloomsburg University or I will not start until next spring. Must I submit the FAFSA by May 1?

Yes.  Deadlines are for the academic year.  For the 2017-2018 academic year (Summer 2017, Fall 2017, Spring 2018) the 2017-2018 FAFSA may be submitted beginning October 1, 2016.  Pennsylvania residents must file by May 1, 2017 to be considered for the PHEAA State Grant

What is Bloomsburg University's Title IV Code?

The code is 003315.

When will I receive an award letter?

Starting approximately mid December 2016, award letters are sent to incoming students for the 2017-2018 academic year.  Federal eligibility is determined by the 2017-2018 FAFSA.   Recipients of PHEAA State Grants will be notified by PHEAA in mid May 2017 by PHEAA.  Upperclassmen who have a completed 2017-2018 FAFSA will be notified of eligibility on MyHusky in late May after Spring 2017 grades are posted.

How many semesters can I receive aid?
  • Federal Aid (Pell Grant, SEOG Grant, Perkins Loan, Direct Student Loan, Direct PLUS Loan, FWSP):  Full-time undergraduate students requiring 120 credits for degree completion are required to complete their degree within 180 attempted credits.  Developmental credits taken which do not count toward degree completion will be excluded from the 180 credit calculation.  All transfer credits will count as credits attempted for this purpose.  Graduate students maximum time frames will vary by degree completion requirements.  The maximum standard will be set at 150 percent of the minimum number of credits needed to complete the graduate degree.  Direct Student Loans and Perkins Loans are also limited by aggregate limits.  Pell Grant is limited to 12 semesters of eligibility.
  • PHEAA State Grant:  Students may receive up to a maximum of eight full-time semesters of PHEAA State Grant.
  • Private Educational Alternative Loan:  Students should check with the holder of their loan.
  • Miscellaneous Aid:  Students should check with the source of their miscellaneous aid.
May I use financial aid to purchase textbooks?

Yes.  If your financial aid exceeds your university charges you may.  Get more details on this process.

Will living off-campus change my financial aid eligibility?

No.  Financial aid is not based on where you are living.

May I use financial aid to pay off-campus housing expenses? 

Yes.  If your financial aid exceeds your university charges you may.  Please remember that refunds of excess financial aid do not occur until after the semsester has started.  If your rent is due before this, you will need to work with your landlord.  Get more information on availability of funds.

How do I contact you?

Mailing Address

  Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania

  Office of Financial Aid

  119 Warren Student Services Center

  400 East 2nd Street

  Bloomsburg, PA  17815-1301




What hours is the Office of Financial Aid open?

Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Summer hours may vary)

Where's the Office of Financial Aid on campus?

The Office of Financial Aid is located on the first floor of Warren Student Services Center Room 119.