Summer Financial Aid
Summer Financial Aid
Please note the following information is only for currently enrolled degree Bloomsburg University students. If you are attending Bloomsburg University during the summer to transfer credits back to your home school, please contact your school's financial aid office for more information. Bloomsburg University cannot process financial aid on your behalf.
For summer 2014 financial aid, the student should try to complete the 2014-2015 Free Application for Federal Student Aid by March 15, 2014 to allow for sufficient processing time. Students who wish to apply for summer financial aid should schedule an appointment with Financial Aid Staff once they have scheduled summer courses.
- Federal Pell Grants: Undergraduate students who meet the eligibility criteria may receive a Federal Pell Grant. NOTE: Any grants received during the summer will apply to the yearly maximum.
- PHEAA State Grants: Undergraduate Pennsylvania residents enrolled for a minimum of six degree credits may possibly qualify for a PHEAA State Grant. You must be enrolled the entire summer (May 19 to August 8) to qualify for the summer grant. A separate summer application available online at www.pheaa.org is required. NOTE: The summer semester counts towards the maximum eight semesters of eligibility.
- Federal Direct Student/PLUS Loans: Must be enrolled at least half-time (Undergraduate students six degree credits / Graduated students five degree credits) and who meet the eligibility criteria may receive federal loans for enrollment during the summer. NOTE: Any loans received during the summer will apply to the yearly academic grade level limits.
- Private Education Alternative Loans: Eligibility criteria differ by loan program. Prior to applying for a loan, please contact the Financial Aid Office to make certain you have no other aid available.
- Work-Study: Undergraduate and Graduate Students who meet the eligibility criteria and wish to participate in the work-study program during the summer do not need to be enrolled for summer classes as long as the student is scheduled to return to Bloomsburg University for the fall 2014 semester on at least a half-time basis.