Executive Director - Pennsylvania Act 101 Programs
Basic Needs Shoppe
The Basic Needs Shoppe at Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania - An Initiative of the Office of Access and Success
The issue of food and basic needs insecurity is a growing concern among college students across the country and can pose a significant barrier to student success and persistence. Nationally 30 percent of college students are food insecure. Seventy five percent of students who experience food insecurity qualifies for financial aid. In addition,43 percent of students who experience food insecurity have a meal plan. In short, the issue of food and basic needs insecurity is a pressing and growing issue on college campuses, including Bloomsburg University.
570-389-3206 | Send an Email
First Floor, Greenly Center
50 East Main Street
|Monday - Friday
|Monday - Friday
|10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
|By Appointment Only
Hours are subject to change. It is best to call for an appointment.
The Basic Needs Shop at Bloomsburg University
The Basic Needs Shoppe at Bloomsburg University is a comprehensive food and basic needs pantry designed to support students in an encouraging, uplifting and welcoming environment. The Basic Needs Shoppe features items ranging from non-perishable food items to culturally relevant hair care products to winter boots. Unlike traditional pantries, where consumers are handed a bag of pre-packaged goods, customers of the Basic Needs Shoppe are able to self-select the items they deem to be most relevant to their needs.
Customers of the Basic Needs Shoppe are able to shop for the following essential items:
• Non-Perishable Food Items
• Personal Hygiene Products
• Culturally Relevant Hair Care Products
• Professional Clothing
• Winter Boots and Coats
• Cooking Demonstrations
• Educational Programming on Issues of housing, food and basic needs insecurity
• Information on the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and Assistance in Applying for SNAP
Support Bloomsburg University Students by Supporting the Basic Needs Shoppe
The Office of Access and Success welcomes donations of the following items to support the work of the Basic Needs Shoppe:
• Non-perishable food items
• Personal and/or Feminine Hygiene Products
• Clothes Detergent
• Hair Care Products (with a specific focus on cultural hair care products)
• Educational Supplies
• New or Slightly Used Winter Coats, Boots, Hats and Scarfs
• New or Slightly Used Dress Clothing
• New or Slightly Used Jeans, Sweatshirts, Sweatpants, Sweaters and Other Unused Clothing
To arrange a day and time to drop off your donation, please email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make Check Payable to: Bloomsburg University Foundation
In the subject line, please write Marcus White Jr. Fund- Basic Needs Shoppe.
Mail check to:
Bloomsburg University Foundation, Inc.
50 East Main Street, 4th Floor
Bloomsburg, PA 17815
1. Click on the following link to the Bloomsburg University Foundation:
2. Click on the “give now” button
3. Click on “other” in the field labeled “designation”
4. Type Marcus White Jr. Fund and the programmatic area that you are interested in supporting
5. Complete all other fields
About the Office of Access and Success
Bloomsburg University's Office of Access and Success is committed to supporting students as they strive to achieve academic excellence. The office develops and implements academic, social and cultural programming designed to assist students in developing the skills necessary for college persistence and graduation.
Through access and success, BU provides intrusive academic advising, research-based academic retention programs and intensive community engagement opportunities. All programs and initiatives developed by the office are designed to cultivate core strengths in the areas of academic self-confidence, self-advocacy, 21st century life skills, and community engagement. These core strengths are developed by providing students access to tutoring, supplemental instruction, mentoring, intrusive academic advising and intensive academic support.