- It's the responsibility of the graduating student to complete the application for graduation. If a student has a question or concern about eligibility, contact the department/program coordinator as soon as possible. Department approval is necessary in order to be eligible to participate in commencement, have a name printed in the program, and for the degree to be granted. Applications for Graduation are submitted electronically through your MyHusky Account. Please reference the tutorials below on how to complete the online application.
- Fall/Winter deadline Sept. 1
- Spring/Summer deadline Feb. 1
- Masks are required of all participants and supporters (age 2 and above) inside Haas Center for the Arts regardless of vaccination status.
- Clear Bag guidelines will be enforced.
- Graduates and supporters will be required to arrive together for check in. Check in will begin 1 hour prior to the start of the ceremony.
- Ceremonies are expected to last 1 to 1.5 hours.
- Hooding for School of Graduate Studies will take place in a separate event prior to the commencement ceremony. Further details will be released from the Graduate office.
Bloomsburg University Clear Bag Guidelines
To help provide a safer environment for students, family members and guests and to expedite entry into facilities during large events, Bloomsburg University will be implementing guidelines that limits the size and type of bag that may be brought into its facilities.
The guidelines limits the size and type of bags that can be brought into the venues. These guidelines does not change the items individuals may bring, but restricts the type of bag used to carry items. Small clutches and wallets are permissible per the guidelines outlined below. Larger bags must be clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and cannot exceed 12 inches by 6 inches by 12 inches. Clear one-gallon plastic freezer bags (Ziploc bag or similar) are also permitted. If for any reason (medical or other) you require a bag that does not adhere to these guidelines, please contact us at 570-389-2211 prior to the ceremony. Please ensure you bring proof of your medical condition.
Prohibited bags/items include, but are not limited to large purses, strollers, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, luggage of any kind, diaper bags, wrapped gifts, computer bags and camera bags. Seat cushions and seat-backs are also not permitted. Items needed for babies and small children must be in a clear bag. Thank you for your cooperation and your contribution to providing a safer environment.
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12" or
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar)
- Small clutch bags, 4.5" x 6.5", with or without a handle or strap, can be taken into the stadium with one of the clear plastic bag options
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after thorough inspection at a gate designated for this purpose
- Students may bring a max of 4 supporters (all ages are included in this count)
- Tickets will be distributed on commencement day (more details to come)
- No additional tickets will be available and tickets cannot be shared due to seating arrangements in Haas Center for the Arts.
All students participating in commencement must wear academic regalia. If you have a U.S. armed forces issued uniform, that is the only other acceptable attire to be worn in place of academic regalia.
Cap, Gown and Tassels should be ordered through the University Store. These will be available in late October. Please contact them at 570-389-4175 or visit their website.
Parking will be located in the lots nearest Bakeless and McCormick as well as the lot behind the library. Handicap spaces will be available and a handicap placard or license plate is necessary. Please follow posted signs.
- Honors for undergraduate commencement are based on the cumulative grade point average for the semester prior to the final semester. Honors for the diploma and final transcript are based on the cumulative grade point average, including the final semester. To receive Ceremonial Distinction baccalaureate students may have the 30 credit hours in progress at the time of distinction. Please refer to PRP 3640 for full policy details.
- Honors are as follows: Cum Laude, 3.50 to 3.74; Magna Cum Laude, 3.75 to 3.94; and Summa Cum Laude, 3.95 to 4.00.
These are handled through the Obiter Yearbook. More details can be found on their website.
Island Photography will be onsite taking photos of each graduate. All graduates will receive copies of the proofs for them to view and order as desired. Pictures are taken at no cost to the student and ordering is optional.
Any questions regarding photos after the event ends should be directed to Island Photography.
Live stream video feed will go live 15 minutes before the ceremony begins. Within an hour after each ceremony, it will become available for on demand playback via the same button.
Livestreams will also be available on Bloomsburg University's Facebook. Like the page to be notified when the streams start!
Graduation Video Archive
If you received federal loans you must complete exit counseling at studentaid.gov.
Following the commencement ceremony and/or the last day of your graduation term several checks occur before you are officially graduated from the University.
- Once grades are posted, the Office of the Registrar completes a final review of each graduating student's general education requirements and other degree requirements
- After this is complete, the Office of the Registrar will confer your degree.
- If there are concerns with your degree requirements you will be notified.
This process may take up to six weeks to complete. Once conferred, your degree will appear on your unofficial transcript within MyHusky and on your official transcripts.
Graduates may contact Stephanie Bissinger, teacher certification coordinator, for assistance with the online application process. Anticipated processing time for applications on campus is two weeks and six to eight weeks in Harrisburg. For more on certification and required testing: