Administrative Assistant, Graduation Coordinator
- It's the responsibility of the graduating student to complete the application for graduation. If a student has a question or concern about eligibility, contact the department/program coordinator as soon as possible. Department approval is necessary in order to be eligible to participate in commencement, have a name printed in the program, and for the degree to be granted. Applications for Graduation are submitted electronically through your MyHusky Account. Please reference the tutorials below on how to complete the online application.
- Fall/Winter deadline Sept. 1
- Spring/Summer deadline Feb. 1
Details are forthcoming
Details are forthcoming
Haas Center for the Arts
All seating for guests is on a first-come basis for guests/supporters.
All students will be seated in the front section and will be directed to sit in the appropriate area based on their degree (Doctoral or Master) or undergraduate college.
All students participating in commencement must wear academic regalia. If you have a U.S. armed forces issued uniform, that is the only other acceptable attire to be worn in place of academic regalia.
Cap, Gown and Tassels should be ordered through the University Store. Please contact them at 570-389-4175 or visit their website.
Parking will be located near Bakeless & McCormick and behind the Andruss Library. Handicap spaces will be available and a handicap placard or license plate is necessary. Please follow posted signs.
- Honors for undergraduate commencement are based on the cumulative grade point average for the semester prior to the final semester. Honors for the diploma and final transcript are based on the cumulative grade point average, including the final semester. To receive Ceremonial Distinction baccalaureate students may have the 30 credit hours in progress at the time of distinction. Please refer to PRP 3640 for full policy details.
- Honors are as follows: Cum Laude, 3.50 to 3.74; Magna Cum Laude, 3.75 to 3.94; and Summa Cum Laude, 3.95 to 4.00.
These are handled through the Obiter Yearbook. More details can be found on their website.
Island Photography will be onsite taking photos of each graduate. All graduates will receive copies of the proofs for them to view and order as desired. Pictures are taken at no cost to the student and ordering is optional.
Any questions regarding photos after the event ends should be directed to Island Photography.
Live stream video feed will start 15 minutes before the ceremony begins. Within an hour after each ceremony, it will become available for on demand playback via the same link.
If you received federal loans you must complete exit counseling at studentaid.gov.
Following the commencement ceremony and/or the last day of your graduation term several checks occur before you are officially graduated from the University.
- Once grades are posted, the Office of the Registrar completes a final review of each graduating student's general education requirements and other degree requirements
- After this is complete, the Office of the Registrar will confer your degree.
- If there are concerns with your degree requirements you will be notified.
This process may take up to six weeks to complete. Once conferred, your degree will appear on your unofficial transcript within MyHusky and on your official transcripts.
Graduates may contact Stephanie Bissinger, teacher certification coordinator, for assistance with the online application process. Anticipated processing time for applications on campus is two weeks and six to eight weeks in Harrisburg. For more on certification and required testing: