- Various times
Get to know our military connected students and employees during Veterans Week! Want to interact with military equipment and vehicles, and learn more about the military? A Black Hawk is scheduled to land on the Quad, don't miss it!
Tuesday, Nov. 9:
- Military Meet and Greet (open to all)
Kehr Union Building - Multipurpose - 345A, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Wednesday, Nov. 10:
- Touch a Truck (open to all)
Quad, 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Thursday, Nov. 11:
- Veterans Day Breakfast (open to all)
University Store 8 a.m. - 10 a.m.
- President's 4th Annual Military Appreciation Lunch Pick-up (open to military-connected students and employees)
University Room (2nd street side of Scranton commons) 12 p.m. - 1 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 12:
- BU Student Veterans Association (BUSVA) Suicide Awareness Walk (open to all)
Quad 8 a.m. - UTC (usually lasts all day)
Student Veterans Collecting Items for Deployment Boxes
- The Bloomsburg University Student Veterans Association (BUSVA) is collecting items for deployment boxes. Drop off items at their location on lower level of Warren Student Services Center. Needed items include: baby wipes, razor blades, electrical tape, duct tape, q-tips, deodorant, feminine hygiene products, durable snacks (beef jerky, trail mix, granola bars), bars of soap, toothbrushes, toothpaste, pens, drink powder (Gatorade, protein, juice, instant coffee, pre-workout), hair ties, bobby pins, lip balm, zip ties, canned food, tiny cheap decorations (Thanksgiving, Christmas), travel issues, a note or thank you letter, toilet paper, hand soap.
- Items that should not be donated include: gummies, chocolate, batteries, alcohol, tobacco, and flammable materials.