Dear Campus Community,
I am excited to announce that Bloomsburg University plans to return to a full-time, in-person Fall 2021 semester. The intent is to offer in-person instruction to students so that they are fully immersed in an on-campus setting with maximal opportunities for face-to-face engagement with faculty, staff, and fellow students.
In the classroom and across all aspects of campus life, we will ensure that our safety measures align with the current COVID environment. The decision to return to the traditional form of classroom instruction is based on anticipated vaccine rates, current projections by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the beginning of easing of restrictions within the Commonwealth.
While our Fall 2021 semester plans are still being developed, the plan to return to in-person instruction on a full-time basis also includes:
- On-campus housing facilities will operate at planned capacity with no more than two students assigned to a traditional residence hall room, and single bedrooms for all suite and apartments residents. We look forward to welcoming back over 3,000 residential students after experiencing a full shutdown of on-campus housing in the Spring 2020 semester, and occupancy of under 1,000 by the end of the Fall 2020 semester.
- All campus dining venues will be open with the resumption of in-person dining.
- Student-athletes will compete in intercollegiate athletic events, and those contests will include some form of fan attendance based on CDC and Pennsylvania Department of Health guidelines.
The Fall 2021 semester will begin on Monday, Aug. 23, with the term concluding on Friday, Dec. 3. Final exams will be held from Dec. 6-9, with commencement ceremonies set for Saturday, Dec. 11.
As always, our highest priority remains the health and safety of our campus community. The University will continue to adhere to guidelines from the CDC and the Pennsylvania Department of Health, and directives from the Governor’s Office and the Office of the Chancellor of the State System. As our planning for the Fall 2021 semester continues, we will also be prepared to adjust our plans accordingly, if necessary.
We look forward to sharing more details later in the spring semester.
- Classes Begin — Monday, Aug. 23
- Labor Day — Monday, Sept. 6
- Mid-Term — Friday, Oct. 8
- Thanksgiving Recess — Tuesday, Nov. 23
- Classes Resume — Monday, Nov. 29
- Classes End — Friday, Dec. 3
- Finals Begin — Monday, Dec. 6
- Finals End — Thursday, Dec. 9
- Fall Commencement — Saturday, Dec. 11