You are here
How to Apply
How to Apply
Why Bloomsburg University?
"I come from a medium sized high school of about 300 students. Small enough to have a personalized education but large enough that I did not know some of the students walking at graduation. Bloomsburg in many ways reminds me of my high school,"
— Morgan Lewis, biology and finance major
I am applying as ...
Five things to do before applying
- Meet with your high school guidance counselor when school starts in the fall to find out how to request transcripts and test scores.
- Get organized! Make checklists of requirements for each college you are considering
- Ask questions. Contact us directly. We are here to help!
- Visit! Visit! Visit! It’s key you experience our campus. Register for a daily visit or open house.
- Explore our academic programs.
Our admissions process
Applications received by Dec. 1 will get priority consideration, especially for our competitive majors:
- All Biology and Allied Health Programs
(Pre-PT, Pre-PA, Pre-Pharmacy, Pre-Med, Medical Imaging, Medical Lab Science and General)
- Speech Pathology/Audiology
- American Sign Language
- Criminal Justice
- Exercise Science
- Early Childhood PK-4/Special Education PK-8 Dual Certification
If you are interested in nursing, you need to apply by Nov. 15!
We make decisions on a rolling basis (with the exception of nursing). This means once your application is completed, it will take about four to six weeks to receive a decision via letter. We make decisions continuously until majors are full.
Visiting will help you learn more about BU and the major you are considering. Feel free to set up an appointment directly with the major in which you are interested.