Background Clearance Instructions – Student Applicant
The amended Child Protective Services Law, effective December 31, 2014, and accompanying policies; PASSHE Board of Governors 2014-01-A (Protection of Minors) and Bloomsburg University’s PRP 2410 (Background Screening, Protection of Minors and Volunteerism) requires all university employees to successfully complete background clearances every five (5) years. Specifically, all employees are required to successfully complete the Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check, and FBI Federal Criminal History Record. Please complete the actions listed below in order to comply.
1. Complete this form entitled "Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania Applicant Acknowledgment And Consent for Criminal Background Check".
2. Visit the one time use payment code page for completing the Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance. You must use your Husky ID and password. Copy or print the code to proceed with the next step.
3. Go to https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home to complete your Pennsylvania Child Abuse Clearance electronically utilizing the payment code obtained in the previous step.
a. Select “Create A New Account” to create a Keystone ID, which is a username. Please retain this information for future access.
b. If you have previously created a Keystone ID, “LOGIN” with your Keystone ID and password. Additional Instructions for registering and completing the online form are available under "USERS GUIDES CWIS CITIZENS ACCOUNT" at: http://www.keepkidssafe.pa.gov
Completion of this step will take approximately thirty (30) minutes. You will receive an original report, for your records, via email.
4. Go to https://www.bloomu.edu/hr-fingerprinting and follow the directions to complete an FBI Fingerprinting Report.
5. Return the following documents to, Compliance Coordinator, email@example.com, Arts & Administration Building, 3rd Floor. (570-389-2725)
a. Forwarded email of Pennsylvania Child Abuse History confirmation. Return this document immediately upon completion.
b. Original of FBI Fingerprinting report. This may be mailed to the residential address you used when registering for fingerprinting.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.